Chapter 13: Im scared

Do you ever feel like a misfit, everything inside you is dark and twisted. Oh but it's okay to be different cause baby so am I.

 Oh but it's okay to be different cause baby so am I

Narrator POV

(A few weeks later)

The teenagers made their way inside class with their projects secured in their hands. Senior year was definitely the most tiring.

Minyoung trailed behind one of her classmates making her way towards her usual seat. Her daily routine (of coming to school early and then placing the letter in hyunjins locker before rushing towards the girls washroom where she sat for half an hour thinking about life) was going very smooth.

The class started as the teacher began her lesson, it was like any other day until.

"All students and teachers please go into immediate lockdown there is an active shooter in our school property I repeat all the students and teachers please go into immediate lock-"

Terror took over the students as the sound of a gun being shot was heard from the background of what was supposed to be an announcement. The announcer has been shot.

Everyone went full on panic mode as they started to leave their class, Why? you may ask The classroom door had a broken lock that was supposed to be fixed months ago but the teacher always forgot to inform the staff.

The students took hurried steps towards the nearest class they could see, there were two, the library and the English classroom. Everyone went inside the English classroom but wouldn't that be too obvious.

Minyoung swiftly turned around and ran towards the library, there were surely more hiding spots over there.

The girl squeezed herself in a corner near one the many shelves.

She let out a sigh, her palms were now sweaty as a light headache took over. This was not how she expected today to turn out. Today was supposed to be a calm day but no there was a literal criminal in school who was shooting people.

Her thoughts took over as she forgot to do the most important thing.

She didn't lock the door

The library was the quietest it could ever be, only with faint sounds of the girl breathing. It was peaceful but not for long.

She quickly jerked up at the sound of the library door being burst open. And that's when she realised she was in trouble.

On top of that her hiding spot was definitely not the safest. She had to get out of there quick.

Taking a deep breath she stuck out her head the way to the door was clear as the shooter was definitely lost in the maze- I mean library.

Minyoung POV

I'm going to have to make the run for it, or else I'm definitely dying in here.

I slowly got out of my hiding spot. "Ok here goes nothing 3,2,1!" I started dashing towards the front door but the universe wasn't a fan of my plan.

I felt someone snatch me away and pull me towards a small corner and by small I mean very small.

"Yep goodbye beautiful world I'm gonna miss you please give all my savings to my lil bro thank you."

I was definitely dying or so I thought, after a good 10 seconds I got confused. How am I still breathing.

And that's when my eyes fluttered open. If I'm not supposed to die from the gun then I'm definitely dying from this. The person who shoved me in this corner was not the shooter, not the librarian not a ghost. It was Hyunjin.

I felt my cheeks heating up, whose wouldn't? there was not a single inch of gap in between us.

His eyes were fixed on the shooter who was passing by, sweat trickling down his face, and lips pursed together. He didn't look like the usual bubbly Hyunjin he looked intimidating which not gonna lie suits him very well.

We were very close like close enough for me to feel his breath when he turned around. He bought his ring finger up to his lips indicating me to not make any sounds.

I nodded as a response, the shooter was now on the other side of the library when suddenly Hyunjin got out. My hands immediately made their way to Hyunjins to stop him but he turned around and gave me a 'Ik what I'm doing' look. Before jerking my hand away from his.

(Can someone warn me to never piss this man off, thank you.)

I watched In horror as he grabbed a very expensive looking vase and started to slowly make his way towards the shooter.

The next thing he did was pretty obvious yet very surprising.

Yep he smashed the vase on the shooter shead making me flinch. The shooter immediately fell to the ground his hands covering his bloody head. Hyunjin grabbed his gun and ran towards me before dragging me with him.

We locked the door from outside on our way out making sure that the shooter doesn't get out.

We reached the principles office who already knows what happened cause of the security camera. So he opened his door for us without any hesitation.

Soon the police arrived and the shooter got arrested. The gun was eventually taken in too.

The teacher who was shot was rushed to the hospital even though it was pretty obvious that he was no longer alive.

But the weird thing is that In between all this time together Hyunjin didn't speak to me at all not even a single word.

Surprise surprise luvs <3