Chapter 16: Cold

Just like every every beautiful dream, it ended incomplete...

December 15th, 7:24 am

Minyoung POV

"Achchoo"

I sneezed again.

"This is like the third time you've sneezed in like 30 minutes! Are you okay?" Hayoung exclaimed. In response I just glared at her.

I'm not okay at all, I woke up with a cold this morning and have been sneezing non stop, I couldn't get my hair done and I am just in a bad mood, unlike everyone here.

Looking at everyone chatting and laughing like their having the best day of their lives made my blood boil, why am I the only one who is having a bad day?!

"Geez, are you really okay? You've been glaring at the poor garbage can for the past few minutes" Joohyun said, concerned. As if on cue, someone crashed into me, making me drop my books. Just Great!

I bend down to start collecting the papers and books strewn on the floor only for someone to step on them.

Noo my precious history assignment. I've been working on it for days. Seeing the books and papers scattered around my friends bent down as well in hopes of picking them up without more people stepping on them.

We were ALMOST done picking them up when the bell rang. Our hands fastened their pace as we picked up the other papers in no time.

~

We bid each other goodbye and headed to our respective classrooms. The chemistry lab was literally on the other side of the school! I'm definitely not making it there on time.

I started taking larger steps they grew larger and larger until I started to full on run. I'm not going to get detention for being late to class, I'm already having a bad day.

I see it! I see the classroom its not locked yet I start running faster and faster until my hands reached the door knob. Yes I did it. A big smile, and I mean big appeared on my face as I twisted the knob.

"Huh" why isn't it twisting. I tried again, this time more aggressively. Noo, don't tell me. My fingers started twisting the door knob again and again but it won't open!

And then....

It opened, I was about to throw on another smile when the teacher stepped out of the classroom.

Ah shit here we go again

"Hello Miss Kwo" The devilish chemistry teacher stated with a sly grin plastered on his face.

"Good mor-" you think I could actually finish my sentence in front of this hell of a human? Nope.

"You are exactly 1 minute and 38 seconds late, could you please explain why." He spoke with a frown on his face while glancing at his navy blue watch.

"Well you see-"

"Detention for 2 hours" he said in a stern voice before returning back to the class.

I let out a sigh, could this day get any worse

~

"Ahchooo!" I sneezed once again

"Where are they" my eyes skimmed through the lunch haul that was filled with students, some devouring into their cold cardboard like cheeseburgers while others stood in line waiting for a chance to get them. I could see everyone except my friends. Where could they even be.

Eventually Yeseo came into my sight, but she was accompanied by someone a boy perhaps. I couldn't exactly figure out who they were but they looked really familiar.

Not wanting to interfere in their business I walked around some more looking for my friends. But to my surprise I got a text from Joohyun informing that she and Hayoung won't be able to make it to lunch as they had a project to finish.

"Great now I have to have lunch alone." I muttered.

My legs dragged themselves to the food counter as I had absolutely no appetite but I also had nothing to do.

Well, I definitely regained my appetite when I saw the cartoon of chocolate milk being placed onto my tray.

"Yes!" I exclaimed in joy as chocolate milk was definitely one of my most favourite thing in the entire world.

I practically snatched the tray from the counter and ran towards the tables before shouting a quick "Thank youu" to the lunch lady.

But what I didn't know was that the milk cartoon....

Was open!

While my legs ran for the nearest table the cartoon of milk tripped and splashed all over my new white sweater!

Every single person was looking at me watching me as drops of milk dripped from my sweater, my eyebrows furrowed with my jaw hanging.
That's it, I can't do this anymore.

I let out a scream full of annoyance as I slammed the tray of food to the table before stomping away

A hugeee thanks to Mahila for helping me out on the first part of the story, she actually wrote it for me. I couldn't ask for a better friend 😭