Chapter 15: Why not me?

For now I'll be stuck in this beautiful nightmare, till you come back I'll be standing right here. Do I ever cross your mind..

 Do I ever cross your mind

December 13, 5:36 pm

Narrator POV

And just like that a few weeks passed, the sounds of the clouds roaring as if they are letting it all out followed by hurried steps of stressed out students. This sounds chaotic but Minyoung found peace in this. The only thing she saw is the beauty of the individual water drops as they become one with the ground. Her legs swung back and forth from down the bench in harmony as she hummed her usual melody.

The cold rain water dripped from strands of her now shoulder length hair. The thin dull red colored top that she wore stuck to her body while her denim jacket covered her up. A smile danced on her lips as she gradually forgets about all of her worries and only focuses on the surprisingly calming scenery Infront of her.

But something still felt missing, she couldn't exactly point out what though. Is it music, or maybe she needed something warm. No not something, she's missing the warmth of a friend accompanying her, or maybe someone who's more than a friend.

And right then she felt the rain stop, her smile dropped. "Huh" she thought. She could still see the rain but why is it not making it to her. She looked up to see an umbrella creating a barrier between her and the tiny rain droplets. Of course someone has to be holding the umbrella. But who is it? Hyunjin?

Nope, it was not Hyunjin nor was it any of her close friends.

There sat Seungmin as he let out a light sigh. He definitely caught Minyoung off guard by this. I mean wouldn't you be surprised if someone you barely talk to comes and sits next to you while covering you from the rain.

"Uh what are you doing here."

The girl questioned completely flustered. Seungmin let out a soft chuckle making Minyoung furrow her eyebrows as her confusion rose even more.

"The last time I checked this is public property."
The puppy like boy replied in a slightly teasing tone before adding

"I was just passing by and saw you getting drenched by the rain, so I thought I'd be the nice guy and share my umbrella with you. But I guess you don't want me here."

Now this my kids was said in the most sarcastically sad way possible as he tried to get back on his feet dramatically. But before he could do so the raven haired girl spoke up

"No, no I was just asking why you were here, cause you know we don't talk much and only do so when Hyunjin is there. I actually don't mind having you here at all."

Seungmin POV

Of course, she always brings him up. I mean afterall they are really close friends. I always tried to ignore the fact that she was the one with the love letter. Imagine having the biggest crush on someone for 3 whole years only to find out they like your best friend. And what hurts even more is the possibility of your best friend liking her too.

After years of secretly staring at her when we were in class together. Failed attempts at trying to be her partner in projects. Covering up for her and begging the teacher not to let her know about it. Standing in line for hours to get her that one novel just to make Hyunjin give it to her.

Whenever I tried to make a move, someone would get to her first. Yes she's not the prettiest girl in the entire school. But to me she's more than just beautiful. From her appearance to her personality. I like everything about her. But will i have to give her up at the end to make my friend happy. Maybe, but the question is would I?

Narrator POV

The duo sat in silence for a while before bringing up random things. The sound of their laughter overpowered the cruel sounds of the irritated clouds as they gradually forget about everything and just focus on this moment...

I'm back y'all, I also changed my writing style a bit so don't mind that