The battle begins and ends

Sigh. One more left. I'm getting teary eyed. I love you all so mush. It's gonna hurt when I finish writing. I just love this story!

~At the Cullen residence before day before battle. Bella~

I got up from the bed I was lying in. I just locked myself in a room. How could I have been so stupid? I let my new family get into this. There will be lives lost tomorrow. And it will be my fault. All my fault...

"Bella? May I please come in?" A familiar deep husky voice asked. Of course he was here.

"No. Go away Jacob. I have nothing to say to you. Or anyone else for that matter." I spit through my teeth. He sighed. I just sat on my bed. Yes I have a bed. It was a prop. I laid my head on the soft feathered pillows and sighed. What have I done to bring people I love into my crazy life? Oh yeah, I was bitten. Edward was about 100 miles away. On a hunting trip. He's coming home.

The next time I opened my eyes was when I heard and smelled Edward outside of my door. He knocked as gentle as the feathers that came out the pillow.

"Yes?" I asked putting on my best poker face.

"May I come in?" He asked. I quickly unlocked the door and ran back to my exact spot. Motionless as a stone. He sat next to my head. What have I done? I asked him. He stared at me intently.

"You've done nothing but change all our lives. You've made all our lives better." He said rubbing my skin. Hands like silk.

"I have done something! I brought all of you into this crazy story I call a life." He chuckled. Just a light little bell. I dug my face into his chest. He moved my dark hair behind my white ear. "All because I killed someone. Now they want payback. A mate for a mate." I said blankly. I then realized what Victoria was after. Edward. A mate for a mate! Edward gasped with me. I flew downstairs.

"I know what she's after! She wants him." I said motioning towards Edward. Everyone looked up at me in shock from my sudden burst of information. Alice then gasped.

"She's right. That's what Victoria has been wanting all along. Something slipped her mind and decided on a definite course. She's been very sneaky about all of this." Alice agreed. I smiled triumphantly. I looked at everyone. They were dressed in nice clothes. I don't know why.

"Go get changed! We're about to fight. Why would you want to ruin those clothes." I said. They all sighed. I smiled again. Edward wanted to take Victoria down on his own. I herd it in his mind.

"No. Victoria's mine. You're taking down Riley. You know, the kid who went missing a few months ago? Yeah, she's been letting him lead in command. Pure idiocy." I said closing my eyes and shaking my head. He did a light chuckle.

I ran up to my room. He followed. I started kissing him. He responded even more powerful than ever before. For some reason it felt more urgent than all the rest. I don't know why. Does he have doubt that one of us will loose our lives? It was just so confusing. I hadn't realized that Edward had pushed me gently onto the bed. Kissing down my neck. I held his chest to stop him.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him. It took him awhile to respond.

"I don't know. It just felt appropriate." He said flashing his gleaming teeth. I chuckled and we went back to kissing.

~Battle day Epov~

We went to the field where the newborns would be fighting. Bella and I decided to go somewhere else. We wanted Victoria and Riley to ourselves. We hiked up the mountain. Our scent still fresh. Perfect. They know we would never be apart.