Part 1 // High

A/N: PLEASE READ

This book contains the following topics that can be triggering to some:

Alcohol abuse
Heavy drug use (mostly just weed)
Addiction
Verbally abusive relationships with parents, and significant others

If you're highly sensitive to any of these I recommend not reading. Unless something seriously bad happens in a chapter there won't be a warning on the topics. I.E. a fight between the MC's won't have a TW, but a fight that ends badly will (not that it is definite to happen it's just an example)

Lastly cover by GrimTragedies

Enjoy.

Chase's POV

The reason people search for a high is so that their problems get smaller and smaller. Like when you're on a plane you're so high up everyone on the ground is merely a dot. When I get high I just get reminded of my problems. One of which is the science test I have, that I should be in class for.

Instead i'm hanging out with my buddy Danny, his girl Ella, my Spanish tutor Lawson, and my on again off again fuck buddy Sydney. She's currently trying to fuck Lawson.

"Hey Chase don't you have a science test?" Danny asked me and I nodded "Don't you need to pass it." I nodded again

"I should probably go." I passed the blunt over to Lawson who took a hit then coughed uncontrollably. I don't think he's ever done this before, but when I told him what I was doing after class he asked to come. "Be careful with that."

He nodded "Do you know how long this shit stays in your system? I have to meet college scouts later, and I know sometimes they give they're football players drug tests, so i'm worried since i'm getting in on football scholarship they might make me take one" He rambled

"Woah you're stressed. Dude just calm down you're fine" Ella said

"I can help you destress" Syd said, and he squirmed under her touch.

"I- I um"

"He has a girl Syd leave him alone." Danny laughed.

This i didn't know. I was about to ask if his girl was blind, but the soccer coach came up to us. He used to date my mom so I never get in trouble for shit when he's around "Chase why aren't you in class?"

"Sorry Nick I just had to stop these crazy kids from doing something they'll regret"

Lawson tried to hide his face behind Syd as if he wasn't 6'1, and the rest of us just laughed. We were all used go it "All of you go. Now!"

I grabbed my bag, patted Nick on the shoulder, and ran off to my class.

I opened the door silently, and the teacher looked at me like she wanted to strangle me. I flashed her my amazing smile and she rolled her eyes. "Sit up front so I can keep an eye on you." she pointed to the open chair in the second row. I typically sat in the sixth

"Anything for you Mariam." I laughed to myself, and sat in the open seat. I looked at the test on my desk, and I quickly realized I didn't know what I was doing.

I looked at the seats around me. The guy to my left was almost asleep, the one in front of me hates me because I kissed his girlfriend once, but the girl next to me was writing quickly.

"Hey!" I whispered, but she didn't answer "Hair dye!" I said a bit louder, and she turned around.

"Me?"

"Yeah you" I smirked, and smiled in hopes it would cause her to be more helpful. "I'm Chase"

"Lily."

"Lily would you be willing to share answers with me?"

"What no! I'm not giving out answers"

"Oh come on please Lily!" pouted

"I studied you should try it." I tried leaning over in my chair more so I could get closer to her but the teacher stopped me.

"Mr. Abrams what are you doing?"

"Nothing."

"Lily what is he doing?"

"Nothing Mrs.Cole."

The teacher rolled her eyes then looked away. Lily must be a teachers pet. Fuck. "Lily i' m begging. I will do anything. I mean anything."

"Will you stop talking? We're going to get in trouble."

"Pleaseeee" I whined

"Okay detention both of you" Mariam said

"Ugh!" I rolled my eyes, and leaned back in my seat. Mrs.Cole is not a fan of my she gives me detention whenever she can.

"Come on Mrs. Cole I can't go to detention. I have plans tonight."

"Both of you bring your tests up to me." Lily's jaw dropped "You can finish these in detention when I can monitor you better"

We walked up to her and handed in our tests Lily was practically done, and I hadn't started. We sat back down and she just leaned her head back. Kind of hot.

"I'm sorry lily. I don't know what i'll do if you don't forgive me" I said half sarcastically. The i'm sorry was sincere.

"Chase no offense but please stop talking to me right now."

I chuckled at how upset she was. "Fair enough"