Part 22// Girlfriend

Chase texted me, and asked him to meet me after my class. I was nervous he would tell me that he got high, or something. I want to trust that Chase will be alright, but given his history I really doubt it. One of the reasons I want him to get better so badly is because I want to actually be with him. I knew he liked me, and that was comforting, but I don't want him to think he won't get better and go back to fucking Sydney.

I walked into the empty classroom Chase told me to meet him in, and he was sitting on one of the desks playing with the rings on his finger "Hey." I said softly. He looked up and smiled

"Hi love" he got off the counter and walked over to me. He wrapped me in a hug then gave me a kiss.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

He chuckled "Nothing just Lawson being a bitch. It really pisses me off when he says shit about you."

"What did he say?"

"That you're his girl, and it's not true. Right?" He raised an eyebrow. That might be the dumbest thing he's asked and I once heard him ask the teacher if she was serious with her husband.

"No Chase, I'm not his girl at all. He hurt me." he took a deep breath

"Okay good." he grabbed my hand "So if you're not his girl...any chance you want to be mine?"

My eyes widened, but not enough for it to be noticeable that I was shocked "Really? I thought you wanted to wait till you were ready."

"Lily there's a chance I won't be ready for a while and I just can't wait. I really fucking like you. You're my best friend. Love I want you to be my girlfriend. Do the whole cheesy put me in your bio thing that we both hate, and walk around school holding hands."

"I do really hate when couples put each other in their bio with a bunch of hearts and the corny puppy dog eye emoji." he chuckled I smiled, and put my hand on the back of his neck to pull him close. "Yes Chase, I will be your girlfriend." I saw him smile, and he leaned in to kiss me. I like when he kisses me, his lips are soft. Is it weird I just wanna touch them all the time?

"So um now that you're my girlfriend, promise me we won't argue within the first 24 hours." he said in a guilty tone

"Oh god Chase what did you do?"

"I may or may not have got sent to the principal's office, but then didn't go. I mean not much he can do to get me in trouble?"

"He can expel you!"

"Hey you promised no fighting!" he said in an accusing tone then pouted his lip

"You're an idiot, but an idiot I like." he smiled "What did you do i'll make sure that whatever pass he give you for detention happens to go missing."

He kissed my lips "Thank you love. I kind of basically called Lawson a walking STD and a dick."

"You should have started with that, I would have praised you." he chucked, and I planted one more kiss on his lips before we walked out. I still had two minutes till bell, but teachers love me so I can be a little late to class. "So as my new boyfriend you should know I enjoy being spoiled."

"Anyway I can spoil you with kisses instead?" Chase doesn't have much, but if he's willing to give me what he can then i'll take whatever it is

"Well duh." he grabbed my waist and started to plant kisses all over me as we walked, and I giggled "Not here Chase!"

"Why? I like it." he giggled, and planted one more kiss on my lips. "Should I go to class instead of with you."

"Probably if the principal sees you you'll get in trouble." he nodded his head, smiled, and walked off.

I walked into the principal's office as Lawson walked out "Where's your boyfriends?'

"That's none of your business. By the way don't go around telling people i'm your girl."

"Darling." oh god not that nickname. I said once that it was cute because a hot guy with an accent said it. "Like it or not we will always mean something to each other. I love you and when Chase does something insane i'll be here."

I scoffed and pushed past him. God he makes me so mad. "Lily! What brings you to my office?" principal Lee asked

"Hi sir! How's Mrs.Lee? You guys just got a new dog right?" perks of having a mother that practically runs Facebook gossip is I know everything relevant or not.

"She's good. At home with the dog! What can I do for you?" I leaned against his desk, and subtly skimmed it for something with Chase's name.

"My mother is having this charity event next weekend, and she wanted me to give you an in person invite!" It's not anywhere!

"Oh well of course Ellen and I would love to come" I saw a slip that said Chase Abrams! Then I saw it had the words suspension on it. I coughed uncomfortably "Will Lawson be there?"

I looked up at him "Oh um. No."

"How come?"

"He's not allowed at any functions my family is having. He um- he's not really the person he is in front of teachers." I realized this is how to get Chase off the hook "Actually Chase Abrams will be there."

"Oh. That kid is a troublemaker. He's getting suspended." I took a seat, and managed to grab the pass while he looked at me, and not my hand

"Why? I've spent some time with him. Chase is a good kid."

"Well he punched Lawson then called him some very crude things?"

"Sir I just saw Lawson, and he did not have a single bruise"

"No, apparently it was earlier this year, like three months ago."

I formed an 'O' shape with my mouth "Mr.Lee. Can I persuade you to change your mind on his suspension. I was there when he punched Lawson, and It wasn't without reason?"

"What happened?"

"Lawson was being aggressive with me, and wouldn't let go of my arm, and Chase was there, and punched him. Also the cruel things Chase said to Lawson today were because he made a comment about me." The punching thing was kind of true. Lawson was aggressive, but after Chase had punched him. It's a new low to tell your principal you got cheated on.

"Oh. Lily, I'm sorry I didn't know."

"It's fine really. People keep jumping to conclusions on Chase, just give him a chance."

"Very well, but next time he does something like that he needs to come to my office and talk to me if he wants to find his way out of it."

"Thank you!" I stood up quickly and rushed to the door. "See you next weekend!"

I walked out of his office, and Chase was sitting on the floor waiting "Am I getting expelled?"

"No you're off the hook, now go to class you idiot."

He chuckled and stood up "You're amazing, and I owe you, and i'm totally dragging you to work with me today."

"I know i'm the best, now seriously go to class." he smiled so I smiled, and then he ran off.

I think he likes that i'm controlling sometimes.