Part 6 // Come Over

Lily's POV

When I ran into Lawson in the hallway he asked me why I looked sad and I told him it was because he wouldn't answer my texts. When he told me I was over analyzing it I got a little mad.

I asked him what he had done when he left my place, and he told me it wasn't my business and proceeded to ask me if Chase had come back. I got upset, and he looked completely done with that emotion so I tried to calm him down.

He pulled me into the classroom, and started to yell about me being unfaithful. Luckily someone-Chase- walked in before I could start to cry.

I pushed past him, and ran to the bathroom. In there was Sydney and Alisha. "Hey Lils. Are you okay?" Alisha asked

"Fine I think. Just got into a fight with Lawson." Sydney and I were best friends until sophomore year. She didn't like that I had gotten more popular, and better grades. She didn't like that my parents told me they were proud and hers didn't.

We stopped being friends even though our parents hang out. She got more popular, I got less popular because I put academics first, but all in all we've yet to harm each other.

Alisha is a mutual friend of Lawson and I. "What's a matter Lily? Boy toy get a B?"

"No. It's nothing important. We'll get over it."

"That's good Lily." Alisha said and I muttered a yeah

"We should go A. We're going to be late to see the soccer boys practice." she looked over to me "We also go see the football boys practice when we can. All shirtless and sweaty."

Lawson's a football boy! "Yeah it's a great after school activity."

Sydney giggled and they walked passed me but I heard her mutter he has all A's and soon he'll give me that D

Yeah I knew there was a good reason to hate her. I took a deep breath, and decided to ignore the comment. I gave myself a pep talk and then walked to my art history club.

...

I hate art history but places like Princeton love it. That's where I see myself next year. Getting a degree in criminal justice, and Lawson at Yale getting a business degree and playing football.

Me: We need to get over this fight! Come over tonight? - 4:15

Beautiful Boy <3: Can't i'm going out with the team. - 5:56

Chase Abrams: How's our plant babies? Is Lawson over? - 6:00

I groaned at my phone because i'm sure Chase would be a better texter than my boyfriend. I got up off the couch, and walked outside. It was still light out so I could see the plants. Nothing was happening to them yet, but I think it's supposed to be like that.

I snapped a picture and sent it to Chase.

Me: *1 attachment image* They look good I think. Should we name them? There should be about five - 6:02

Chase Abrams: I'm thinking gender neutral names. How's Ryan, Jessie, Parker, Peyton, and Skylar? - 6:03

Me: Did you just have those thought out? - 6:03

I saw bubbles on the screen

Chase Abrams: Is Lawson there? - 6:04

Me: No. - 6:04

I didn't see anymore bubbles, but instead his name pop up on the screen with an accept or decline button. I looked at it nervously then answered

"I actually write down names I like, or names that tell a story. Those were my top five." he said

"Why did you ask about Lawson?"

"I didn't want to get you yelled at."

I took a deep breath "Lawson and I are working through our problems."

"Did you have dinner?"

"No."

"I can come over and cook for you love."

"Do you really think it's a good idea?"

"Is he planning on stopping by?"

I sighed "Can we do your place? My parents are home and I don't want them to ask questions." this time he sighed

"I'd have to rush you, but my car is fixed so I can drive you home."

I know this is a bad idea. I know this will cause fights, but I want to go. "Yeah text me your address."