Part 7 // Mother

Chases POV

I straightened up my house before Lily came over. I threw out the empty wine boxes, and hid
all the drugs. I'm sure there's worse in my mom's room, but my moms not here so I don't run the risk of Lily seeing inside the room or my mother.

I heard a knock on the door, and went to open it. Lily was on the other side in a pair of black leggings, and a blue crop top, over it was Lawson's letterman jacket. "Hi love."

"Bailey." I rolled my eyes then pushed the door open more so she can come in.

I'm not sure why I asked her over. I mean I was bored, and all of my three friends couldn't hang out, but i'm not sure why I asked her. I mean I don't want to fuck her and I definitely don't want to date her. It felt weird

"My mom will be home in like an hour and a half, and she'll be mad I invited people she doesn't know over so you'll have to go by then."

"Got it." she looked around "This is a nice house. Where can I find the embarrassing baby picture of you?" she joked

"We don't have any."

She looked let down. Lily's got two parents who are still together, a big house, people in her life that's care.

Her manipulative boyfriend had that too.

Coming to my house must be a change of speed. It's a tiny two bedroom, that reeks of drugs, no family pictures, and barley any decor. "I asked my mom to take them down." lie

"Where is she?"

"Working" Lie.

We get government checks. Carson sends some. I work for just over minimum wage. My uncle on my dads side sends us what we should be getting in child support. We make enough to not have to worry about dinner, but we still have to worry.

"So what's for dinner i'm starving!"

"I've been told i'm quite the chef so anything you want."

"Can you make fettuccine Alfredo. It's my favorite."

I walked into the kitchen and looked through the cabinets. "I can!"

I started pulling out ingredients "I didn't know you could cook. Do you cook a lot?"

"Yeah for my mom, and brother when he comes back to visit."

She knew about my dad leaving. Everyone knew. She didn't push which I was thankful for "Do you wanna be a chef?"

No one's asked me what I wanted to be. I was taken aback "No. Film or photography."

she mutter cool, as she took a seat by the counter, and watched me work. "So why did you ask me to come over? I mean I don't consider us close."

I shrugged "Felt bad I guess" I immediately regretted that

"Why would you feel bad for me?"

"I saw your fight with Lawson. I didn't have anything to do. I wouldn't consider us enemies; so here we are."

"Lawson and I are going to be fine."

I bit my tongue "I know you are."

"He just overreacts sometimes." I bit my tongue again. I wanted to tell her to be careful, to not let him walk all over her.

"It happens to the best of us. Can you grab me the garlic salt in that cabinet?" I said to change the subject.

She got up out of the seat, and grabbed it. She walked over to me and I turned my full body as she got close. She was right up against me. We were only separated by the garlic in her hands