Part 8 // Game Night

Lily's POV.

Chase hasn't brought up the thing with his mom since that night. We've both decided to ignore it but no doubt he's noticed i'm being nice.

I'm trying not to make it known I pity him, same as he's doing with my Lawson situation. Like I told Chase, Lawson and I are fine.

He brought me flowers to apologize. He brought me red roses. My favourites are pink lilies. Mostly because i'm biased due to my name.

I walked out of my math class and over to Lawson's locker "There's something you should know. Chase Is coming over tonight for the project. It's due tomorrow so we're taking data one last time, and then writing a paper. He'll be gone in an hour. Two tops."

He leaned down to kiss me. His lips taste different. I've never smoked before but I just know what he tastes of "It's fine I have plans tonight anyway."

"That's fun! With who?"

"This guy Mike from my history class, and Sydney. You know her right?"

I nodded, and swallowed the lump in my throat "Yeah I do. Have fun baby."

"I will." he kissed me again, and walked away. I looked down at the floor while I clutched to books. Suddenly the sound of a locker being hit rang in my ears.

I looked up and Chase was there with a cocky smile. He had one hand on that locker, and he looked down at me.

Not that he was that much taller. I'm 5'7 I'd say he's about 5'11. Lawson's 6'1. Still both of them
could look down at me. "What time do you want me over love?"

"Five before sundown."

"Tonights family game night isn't it?" I laughed

"Unfortunately."

"Does that mean I need to bring something to impress your parents?"

"Oh you are so not talking to them."

"Why not? I want to hear little Lily stories. All of your most embarrassing moments."

"Ask them and you're dead to me."

"Death by heart break. I can handle it."

"I'll see you at five Bailey." I said as I turned around and walked away

"See you then Love!" he shouted then laughed to himself

...

When the doorbell rang my mom and I ran to answer it. I did not want her meeting Chase, but she insisted. She's not a fan of Lawson. She beat me to the door.

When she opened it Chase was on the other side holding yellow lilies. My mom smiled "Hi Mrs.Shay i'm Chase."

"Hello Chase." she turned to me and mouthed the word hot. I rolled my eyes "Please call me Naomi."

"Nice to meet you Naomi these are for you." he handed her the flowers "Hi Lily."

"Hi Chase. Come in." I could hear my dad coming down the stairs and I internally sighed "Hi dad." I said as he walked into the living room

"Hi sweetheart. Who's this?" my dads a big Lawson fan

"Hi Mr.Shay i'm Chase." Chase held his hand out and my dad didn't shake it

"Caleb be nice to Lily's friend" my dad shook his hand

"Okay we have to go. Come on Bailey" he waved at my parents and I heard my dad ask if his name was Bailey or Chase before we got outside