Part 12 // Bodygaurd

Lily's POV

My parents were asking me all sorts of questions about Chase. The usual are you seeing him, does he have a car, are you being safe with him? Stupid overbearing parents. I guess i'd take that over what Chase got.

As I walked through the halls I felt a large arm go around my waist, and I was being pulled to someones body. "Hey love"

"Hey Bailey. Why are you holding me like this?"

"Because just go with it for a second." He looked around, and then smirked when he saw Lawson and Sydney pass us. Their movements seemed to slow, but only because of lawson. Chase bent down to my ear "Pretend I did something giggle worthy."

I did as he told and started to giggle then buried my face in the crook of his neck. After what felt like forever Lawson and Syd finally passed us but when I turned around so did Lawson.

Once they were gone Chase let go of his hold on me "Okay seriously what was that? How'd you know he'd be walking here?"

"I just came from the group of people I get high with. One of them being Gollum over there. I brought you up he seemed jealous, so I thought we should make him jealous. A little bit of revenge."

I laughed "Well thank you, because seeing his sorry face made me smile." Chase arm was around me again. I pretended it didn't effect me "So why was I brought up?"

"They asked me what I did last night, and I said a movie night with Lily Shay's parents. I got a bunch of laughs in response."

"Well if I get to know i'm the topic of the stoner groups you should know you're the topic of the Shay house hold."

"Oh really?" he smirked

"They really like you"

"Good then i'll come over more."

"No more showing up unannounced! I could be doing something important."

"No promises love." he let go of my waist "I believe this is your class." I looked at the door. My E-con class.

"Yeah it is! You really are stalking me"

"No I just remember things you tell me." I smiled.

Why did I smile? Why did I like that he remembered things? Do I like Chase? I haven't even gotten a rebound! You don't fall for your rebounds everyone knows that!

"See you later Bailey." he winked at me then continued walking away. I'm not sure where he's going though I doubt class. He only shows up to english, and science.

...

I was walking out of class half expecting Chase to be there, but he wasn't. Instead I was greeted by my worst nightmare.

"Hey Lily." I heard the familiar voice say. I groaned then turned around

"You and I are not talking."

"Please darling just two minutes. I know I fucked up, but I really need to talk."

"Is it a matter of life or death?" he shook his head "Then no Lawson." I continued walking, but his body was in front of mine, and I was up against a locker

"Lily." he said angrily "I get that you hate me, but why the fuck are you walking around with Chase Abrams holding your waist. He's the whole reason we broke up!"

My jaw dropped "Him!?! You're the one who slept with Sydney."

"I knew he liked you."

I put my hand on his chest to push him away although he didn't budge "Look you broke my heart! I was good to you. I'm kind of glad you cheated because now I don't have to pretend to be satisfied every time you want to have sex." 

He huffed and got closer. Like always now he smelt of drugs "You're a fucking prude. I was going to come over here and be nice, talk about going back to the old us, but you just had to start a fight"

I was going to open my mouth to speak, but then Lawson was being pulled off of me "Fucking touch her again, and i'll kill you" Chase whispered as to not cause a scene.

"Hey you're the one fucking my girlfriend!"

"We're not fucking, and she is not your girlfriend! You're dating Sydney now you douche."

lawson scoffed "Yeah whatever." he managed to get out of chase grip "You'd have to get her drunk to get her to fuck you."

Chase cleared his throat "Yeah well at least I'd make her finish."

Lawson looked angry so Chase just grabbed my hand, and started quickly walking through the hallways. Not that he couldn't fight Lawson, but Lawson was more muscular, and he could take a beating.

Chase was strong, but somewhat scrawny. "Hey are you okay Lily?"

"Yeah i'm fine. Thanks."

"Anytime. He's a dick."

I nodded my head "You don't have to come protect me every time he's around."

"You're good to me. I'm just trying to do the same for you." I smiled, almost sympathetically.  Not many people are good to him.

"I guess that makes you my bodyguard now."

"Do I get paid?"

"In my presence."

He pretended to think for a minute "I don't know if I want that."

I laughed then said "Oh fuck you." he laughed with me

"Personal bodyguard Chase. Nice ring to it."