Part 21 // Prove it

Chase's POV

"Okay on three we flip the paper!" Lily said as she picked up her graded test. She helped me study all week, and I think I did well. 

"One...two...three" both of us flipped our paper revealing Lily's 91 and my...oh my god I got a 98. "Holy fucking shit! Love look at that!" 

Her jaw dropped as her eyes landed on my paper "No fucking way Chase! Congrats!" this is the highest grade i've ever gotten. Lily pulled me in for a hug, but I kissed her instead 

"Hey! No kissing in school!" the teacher shouted, and we just giggled. Lily held up my paper

"I'm going to hang this on the fridge." I grabbed it from her hands. "Maybe i'll frame it"

"You're parents want me out soon. You think if I put this on my fridge my mom will be proud?"

She sighed. "Chase my parents are not going to let you stay on the streets. If you need to stay you should."

I shook my head, and the bell rang. I grabbed my backpack "I think i'll be okay. I'm sober 8 days. That's a record since sophomore year. I have four A's now. Still not passing Spanish, but that's besides the point" Lily stood up and started to follow me out of the room "I'm going to be okay to go off on my own." I leaned in to kiss her.

"Yeah well maybe I just want you to stay."

I shrugged "You have a window I can climb into" she giggled then turned to go to her english class. I walked off towards my Spanish. I like the teacher in that class. He's a dumb white man who spent a summer in Spain and thinks he's qualified so he lets us speak in English sometimes. "Hola Señor Smith."

"Hola Chase. We have new seat assignments." I dropped my books on my usual desk and rolled my eyes 

"Nope. I'm not moving" 

"Fine your desk partner will move to you. Uhh Lawson you're with Chase." my eyes widened 

"No the fuck he's not!"

"For once I agree with him!" Lawson shouted 

"First of all language second of all cry about it."

I stood up, and picked up my books "I will not sit next to the man who can't keep it in his pants. I don't want him to touch me, and give me whatever STD he has." I know how an STD works but i'm sure he'd find a way to give it to me with a high-five 

"Oh you shouldn't be the one worrying about getting a disease from someone else Chase. We've all see the filth you live in."

I bit the inside of my cheek and looked away for a moment before looking back "It's funny because if I recall I moved in with Lily, and a reminder for the class Lily's the girl who dumped his sorry ass, and faked it all what two maybe three years of their relationship."

"Oh fuck you!" He said as he tried to move closer, but the teacher stood between us 

"Okay enough. Principal's office both of you!" I scoffed, and grabbed my stuff. Lawson followed 

"Thanks a lot man!" I said as I shook my head in disbelief 

"You're in the hall of fame for going to the principals office i'm sure one more visit won't hurt."

I stopped where I was "I don't get why you think you have the fucking right. You hurt Lily not me! I was just being there for her."

"Because moron Lily's still my girl. Maybe not now, but one day. The day you fuck up. We all know you're going to fuck up including yourself."

"I'm not going to do what you did!"

"There's a reason you won't call her your girlfriend! If it's official it means you can cheat."

I huffed "Have fun fucking your hand since you've run out of girl that want to sleep with you." I smiled then turned around 

"Wait we have to go to the principals office!"

"What's he gonna do call my mom?" 

I walked to the back of the school were I knew my friends would be. None of them saw me approach, but as soon as my arm wrapped around Danny everyone was turning their attention to me. 

"Oh look who it fucking is! Chase we've missed you."

I laughed as he passed me a blunt. I held it but I didn't do anything with it "I've been busy."

"With that pretty girl what's here name again?"

"Lily. She's very pretty." my eyes didn't leave the blunt. I wanted it. I gulped. "Eight days since i've smoked or drank."

"Well then whatcha waiting for? Light up." a girl named Jamie said as she passed me a lighter. The smell of the weed was enough to get me high right now. One of my hands twitched. "You gonna do it?" she asked 

"I- um. Fuck I want to, but I have to go take a test."

"He cares about school now." Danny said mockingly 

"Haha" I said in a sarcastic tone "I just care about my future now." I handed him the blunt and pulled him close so I could kiss his cheek "Goodbye junkies." I laughed then walked away. I walked over to the vending machine, and pulled out a five that Caleb gave me. He just handed Lily and I lunch money because he didn't want to make a lunch. 

I needed something to chew, and something in my hands. I bought a bag of chips and a pack of gum. Then two dollars in quarters came out. I put them in my pocket expect one that I was fiddling with. I pulled out my phone to text Lily 

Me: meet me after class by the science lab

Lover: Okie dokie

Fuck Lawson. Lily is mine, and I'm going to prove it.