Part 15 // Break My heart

Chase's POV

"What's wrong love?"

Please don't tell me you like me Lily. I can't turn you down. I can't hurt you. I thought

"Chase." she sighed "Stop giving me mixed signals."

"I'm not."

"You are. Come on you have to know I like you!" shit.

"Lily. You don't like me."

"I do."

"You can't!"

She got off the bed so I sat up "Why not!?"

"Because i'll have to admit I like you then i'll fuck everything up!"

"You can't call me all these nickname, and hold the door open for me, and act like my boyfriend then expect me not to fall for you Chase! I don't care about your stupid fucking teen drama." i've never seen her like this "I've accepted you for who you are. I know the shit you go through I can handle it!"

"I'm going to break you!"

"It's high school im supposed to be broken. Have some sort of downfall. If you don't like me tell me  I won't be upset! Just don't fucking act like my boyfriend then reject me" I laughed. "What?"

"Mad Lily is cute."

"Ughh!" she grabbed her stuff "I'll see you at school Bailey."

she started walking but I got up and grabbed her arm. I don't want her thinking I don't like her. It's the exact opposite "You've got an almost perfect life. Ruining it would be the worst thing I could do. Promise me you'll break my heart so I don't break yours."

"Chase-"

"You have to promise." she's delicate like a flower. If I push to much petals will come off. I'm not ruining a damn flower

"I promise that we won't break each other's hearts." I held out my pinky like she did that night at the party when I promised not to go overboard with my highs. Her pinky locked with mine.

I let go, and my hands went to the sides of her faces. I pulled her close to me, and my lips connected with hers. At first she didn't move, but then her hands went to my hair. "Stay." I muttered

"I can't."

"Then kiss me before you go."