OO6. → she doesn't want vogue here

༊*·˚ CHAPTER SIX *ೃ༄

she doesn't want vogue here

second week of august 2021 (three months after ) - haley

"greta!" haley exclaimed. she'd been in new york for a week, and was on her way to meet robert and riley at the studio for her met gala fitting. "yes, i'll meet you there. twelve noon? alright, see you!"

she made her way across the street and entered the large building in front of her. since she was in the area, she thought, she might as well visit the brand that her mom founded, alainn. even if she didn't have a position, she was always respected inside and most of her suggestions were taken graciously, though it helped that her mom's close friend and haley's godmother was the one in charge now. aside from rora and theo's family, she was the closest thing haley and finn had to a guardian.

"you're here!" haley was engulfed in a hug by none other than the chairwoman and ceo of alainn, riley lorne. she was the type of person who could light up a room upon entry with her contagious energy, energetic demeanor and large smile. it seemed like a crime for anyone to hate her, she was the most caring, kind and positive person that haley knew.

haley was led into a back room labelled with an 'authorized personnel only' sign. upon inspection, she realized that it needed a password to be input into a keypad in order for the door to open. being there for the first time, she looked around in awe of her surroundings.

"all this is mine?" she asked incredulously. the room was filled with with mannequins of outfit options, all for the met, but the one that her team settled on was displayed on a podium at the center.

"those were the first drafts that we gave up on while trying to create your vision," riley gestured at the ones cast away on the sides. "we're planning to use some of the salvageable pieces for our sustainable fashion show in november. anyways, the dress is done; we finished it a few days ago. now we're just adding the last touches to the starry sheer wrap and constructing the headdress," she explained.

robert arrived a few minutes after, telling her to try on the dress quickly. she stood her on the podium after having a couple of designers and staff move the mannequins down, then they assisted haley as she struggled to put on the the absurdly long gown and gloves. since the headdress wasn't completed yet, they gave her one of the prototypes. just imagine it's sparklier, one of the assistants told her. it looked better than she thought, haley noticed. but she was still scared to wear it. she was scared to go to the met in general.

her thoughts were interrupted by riley. "so, what do you think? i'd love to spend more time with you really, but i'm so sorry because i'm on such a tight schedule today-" she began.

"it's perfect!" haley nodded, trying to reassure her friend. "i love it."

"alright, great, great," riley said, distractedly glancing at her phone. "be back here two days before the met for the last fitting and i'm going to accompany you on the day. is vogue covering you at all?"

"i haven't gotten back to them yet," haley replied stiffly. usually, it'd be an honor to be followed by vogue as she got ready for the event, but she didn't feel like it.

"she doesn't want vogue there!"

"oh, but you must!" riley insisted, all ears now. "can you imagine how amazing that would be?" of course, haley thought. a publicity opportunity. she knew her mother wouldn't force her to accept the offer, but then again, haley wasn't stupid. as much as she hated the idea, she knew that it would be a special opportunity, so she tried her best to appease riley.

"i'll tell robert to get back to them for me," she said, and could already hear her manager placing a call behind her. "thank you so much riley, i really appreciate everything."

ੈ✩‧˚ *ೃ༄ ੈ✩‧˚ *ೃ༄ ੈ✩‧˚ *ೃ༄

haley made her way downtown to greenwich village, where she'd be meeting greta and nicole. she was a bit nervous, since the two of them had various accolades and were no stranger to making great films. she entered the restaurant hesitantly and made her way to the back. was she early? she got a booth all to herself, thank god too, because it was the last one and she didn't want to even think about going anywhere else. she had enough on her mind to worry about.

greta and nicole arrived together about ten minutes later, even though haley was already late to the time they set when she got there. the three girls exchanged hugs and sat down. "anyone want to order first so we can talk over a meal?" nicole volunteered. greta waved over a waiter, but haley shook her head. she wasn't hungry.

once they were all comfortably settled, greta began to talk business.

author's note!
i know this was a bit cut short and i really was supposed to add
more to their conversation (cast, when filming is, etc.) bUT i'm
really pressed for time right now and i might not update in a
week or two so i wanted to get something out, no matter how short
it was. you'll see timmy next chapter though!!
( p.s. JUST WATCHED DUNE AND AHHHSDFLKAJSDF
NO WORDS ABSOLUTELY NO WORDS. )

I MISS YOU, I'M SORRY