O32. → oscar nominations

༊*·˚ CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO *ೃ༄

oscar nominations

february 8, 2023 ( 1 year & 9 months after ) - oscar nominations

it was two in the morning in london. haley, timothée and elias were awake and eagerly anticipating the announcement of the oscar nominations for the year in haley's london flat, one that her parents used to own. she hadn't been there in years as it was being rented out, but the timing worked and she and her two costars shared the place as they were back in the city to finish up the final filming stages for the invisible life of addie larue.

"five more minutes, five more minutes," haley repeated over and over while she rocked back and forth on her heels.

"lee. relax," timothée said, rubbing her shoulders lightly. "is this the first time you've done this?" he frowned.

"sorry timmy, but not all of us are five time best picture nominees." the nerves were clearly getting to her, and as sure as she was that she wouldn't be nominated for any awards, haley was hopeful that her castmates and the movie would, at least.

"didn't denis say to make pancakes right before it'll be announced?" tried elias.

"no." timmy and haley said forcefully. haley took a sip from the venti iced matcha green tea latte with coconut milk that zendaya had ordered online and had delivered from the nearest london starbucks near her, even when she was all the way in new york.

"i don't know how you're even drinking that, that shit's nasty." mumbled timmy, running a hand through his curls in agitation.

"zendaya sent it over and i couldn't let it go to waste!" protested haley who still drank the latte despite disliking her best friend's go-to order.

"to make it worse, it's venti."

"true, i could've gone with a tall." she mumbled.

"IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!!" bellowed elias, practically jumping up and down with no regard for the neighbors. the livestream began.

"shh, shh," haley whispered, even though none of the two boys were talking. in her anxiety, she grabbed timothée's hand, squeezing it so tight that he felt it go numb. he glanced at it for a millisecond before he decided not to think about it and simply allowed himself to enjoy the feeling.

"here it comes, here it comes," elias whispered in a hushed tone. he looked like a pretzel, his whole body twisted up and crossed for a nomination on haley's part. the three friends watched in silence as the announcers began to name the nominees.

"the nominees for best actress in a supporting role are: greta gerwig, the story of a pretty woman, [...]"

"GRETA!" yelled timmy, shaking haley by the shoulders excitedly. the actress of briseis in the song of achilles was also nominated for the same category.