O11. → papa razzi

༊*·˚ CHAPTER ELEVEN *ೃ༄

papa razzi

october 25, 2021 ( five months after ) - papa razzi

haley had a free day all to herself. they'd been filming longer and longer scenes for the past three consecutive days, and she wanted a break. ideally, on a normal morning, she would've gone to the gym, but the 25th of october was not a normal morning.

for one, she bumped into mikayla as she was making her way downstairs, mentally planning her brunch along with what movie she'd choose to cry to later on.

"oh, hey. haven't seen you in a while."

haley stopped in her tracks and looked up to see kayla standing in a sports bra halter top, one similar to hers. "i've been gone only three days, mickey." she teased. "you going to the gym too?"

"not anymore," her neighbor replied.

"why?"

"i don't want you to see me all sweaty." kayla replied bluntly. "do you have a bike?" she asked, out of nowhere.

"umm, yes?" haley was confused, to say the least.

"and you haven't eaten yet." it was more of a statement.

"stalker, much?"

"wanna go for a bike ride with me?"

ੈ✩‧˚ *ೃ༄ ੈ✩‧˚ *ೃ༄ ੈ✩‧˚ *ೃ༄

so that's how haley found herself biking along with kayla along the hudson river shoreline by battery park city. it was a long way from where they started, and she was getting tired, though her companion didn't seem to have any intention to let up

"want to stop here?" kayla asked finally, around ten minutes after they circled the area.

"yes, please." haley said gratefully. the two of them skidded to a halt and walked along the esplanade til they found a row of little shops along the side of a building.

"i've been here before, the place is really lowkey," kayla said as they approached a cozy looking cafe. she eyed haley, who was putting on sunglasses and pulling up her hoodie.

"i think you should do the same, just in case."

"paparazzi really hunt you down, don't they?" kayla said dryly. still, she complied, pulling on a bucket hat and arranging her bangs so they fell messily upon the upper half of her face that wasn't hidden behind a mask.

"i've never been here before," remarked haley, looking around. the cafe was quaint and had a soothing ambiance, and their only company aside from the staff was an old couple tucked away, seated in a corner.