OO7. → we're not from texas

༊*·˚ CHAPTER SEVEN *ೃ༄

we're not from texas

sept 13 2021 (almost four months after) - met gala 

the beforehand preparation for the met gala was a whirlwind, but all the thoughts clouding haley's mind were about the movie she was working on with greta.

"who's the cast?" she asked once they met up that day in august. haley of course, was going to portray aurora and theo's late mother, paris chase-jackson. greta explained that she herself would be playing paris' mother, bradley cooper would be her father, nick robinson and margaret qualley as her older twin siblings, mckenna grace as her younger sibling, john malkovich and diane keaton as her grandparents, and kristen stewart and cate blanchett as her aunts. lily rose-depp and hoyeon jung were to play paris' friends, and joe keery would be james mclean, who happened to be paris' brother's best friend (who was also an actor) before they got married.

"joe keery? as in my character's love interest in stranger things joe keery?" haley clarified. it was quite fitting if you thought about it, since steve harrington was actually based off of some of james' characters from when he was a teenager. 

haley and joe worked together on stranger things season 4, and the chemistry the pair had was more than enough to blow off a roof. if you thought that steve and dustin were chaotic, wait til you saw this pair. now, instead of joe and gaten being paired together in all the press interviews, haley had joined them, and the internet loved it.she was excited to be on-screen with joe again because the two knew each other really well, had a great dynamic, and were good friends off-camera too. 

aside from the casting, greta not only tasked haley to watch and observe old and recent clips of paris, but also instructed her to assist the screenwriter, nicole holofcener, in writing the screenplay.

"why?" she asked, thinking it was all a joke. it wasn't. "we need your unique, young person perspective since you're close to the age paris would be in the movie, and you heard some stories about her youth as you grew up around her. we want this to be as accurate as possible," greta added. 

so haley was added to the screenwriting credits even though nicole, or holly, as haley called her, had already come up with more than half of the script. she and nicole met up only once to discuss what other scenes would be included, however, both their schedules got in the way of the possibility of any other meetings. which is why there were plenty of late night calls from one to another, to consult ideas that came in the spur of a moment, and add or retract some things that the script would be better with or without.

so to start off that day, haley woke up late, and scrambled to join finn in their van, a result of a call with holly at one in the morning that stretched up to three hours.