O31. → happy birthday

༊*·˚ CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE *ೃ༄

happy birthday

november 30, 2022 ( 1 year & 6 months after ) - can't picture anything past twenty-five

"happy birthday dear haley..."

it had been another long day of filming in california; the production moved from london to los angeles about a week after haley and her friends watched her movie there.

she grinned, standing in the middle of the studio in a man's outfit from the early 1900s as elias and timothée set a large chocolate cake down on the table in front of her.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" timmy yelled, cupping a hand around his mouth so his voice echoed throughout the room. he held a firecracker in his other hand, and waved it lightly around the air.

"LOVE YOU!" shouted eli, one arm around her shoulder, the other one around max's.

timothée pushed the cake nearer. "make a wish," he said, smiling softly.

she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before blowing out the single, small candle in front of her. the crew cheered and clapped.

"anybody got a knife?" she asked.

eli and timmy respectively filmed and photographed haley cutting the cake, before she picked up a slice by hand and took a bite.

"you're doing amazing sweetie!" elias said, as they were pretty much the embodiment of the meme right that second. timothée cheered, taking candid pictures of her on a disposable camera.

it was a pretty badass shot, honestly; haley leaning on the table in a '30s man's blouse and vest, her tortoiseshell glasses perched on the bridge of her nose while she held timmy's firecracker in one hand, and a fistful of cake in the other.

after haley changed out of her outfit and returned it to the costume designer, she emerged from her trailer with a smile. "finn's there!" she pointed to her brother, who had headphones on while he stared at his phone. he looked up when he noticed his sister.

"happy birthday!" he shouted, running towards them with his arms outstretched. haley went in for a hug, then at the last minute, got punched in her gut.

"what the HELL?"

"love you too. get in the car," he told elias and timothée.

"you gonna just... kill us or something?" eli asked, eyeing finn.

"first of all, don't look at him like that, he has a boyfriend." haley told elias who made a show of looking away.

"second of all, no, you guys are coming with me for a party."

she took them by the wrists and flung open the door of her brother's land cruiser before landing shotgun.

"party?" elias asked.

"it's gonna be at my friend bella's house," she explained. "it's where... it's where finn and i've been celebrating everything since, you know. mom and dad died."