Panic and Tears/14

'Hey guys. I want to just say that I need to think about this story and if I should continue it. The amount of responses im getting in the comment section or votes isn't enough motivation. Call me selfish if you want, but that just degrades the writers when you don't even appreciate what they put their time and energy into. So, if anyone of you care for this story and want read the end, please caomment and vote.

And I'm serious.

Emma was late.

Unusual for her. She was running around the damn hotel room, fixing her hair while putting on her outfit of the day, then putting on her makeup while finding her brown boots. She dealt with her hurries and quietly looked at herself in the mirror. She needs to look perfect. Why? She doesn't know. But she does. She needs to be perfect. Sometimes, while giving those speeches for Women's Rights, she wonders if she actually follows what she says out to those women who need encouragement. Whether, to her, being perfect means being perfect to the society, than being herself. She was always discouraged by the society for alot of things. And looking right now, in the mirror, she thought, that to her what did perfect mean.

She was startled by the clock's sparrow singing for it was 8 o'clock. Her eyes widened at the clock as she frantically searched her hazel brown coat. She took her hotel card [key] and ran out of there. She went through the halls, passing and almost tripping over [every] carts filled with clean white towels and blankets and buckets of ice with champagne bottles. The brunette wanted coffee. She couldn't go without coffee, how could she?

She groaned. Another turn.

Her punctual ass was very much disappointed in her late ass.

'Suddenly her phone ringed, she recognized the person who was ringing at the time by hearing the ringtone she had set for the particular person. She sighed as she reached for her pocket as she took out her mobile, not looking where she was going.

"Woah!" 

She slipped, but was saved. A familiar cologne filled her lungs. Her cheeks flushed, not even looking at him. "Emma!"

She looked at him with her coffee orbs, trying to tune out his melodious voice, and focusing on the ring. Tom cleared his throat and picked Emma to make her stand firm on her feet, and glanced at her nervously as he took a hesitant step back. Emma stared at him, not understanding why he just scooted away from her. Wait, melodious voice? But why exactly did she care?

Leo.

She glanced at him again, and then looked at the phone. "Hello? Leo?"
Tom walked away immediately. "Hey muffin. Hey? You there?"
Emma's eyes lingered on Tom as she watched him walk away. Why did he leave so abruptly? "Emma?" Because you're on a call, dumbass.

"Y-yeah. I'm sorry, line got a bit disconnected. C-couldn't hear you."

"Are you ok? You're stuttering."

"Um. Its very cold here. How's the weather over there?"

".....Peachy." Leo replied suspiciously. She heavily sighed, knowing that Leo was getting worried. But somehow, unlike some girls with boyfriends, she found his worries annoying. He acted like she was a little girl that couldn't handle anything, when in fact, she was a very mature woman that could basically lift a weight of a woman's mind in a few words. But Leo, a natural but totally unreasonable worrier, thought Emma was very busy and under stress and can't handle the pressure. She was used to it, but she knew that her breaking point was coming soon.

'Meanwhile Tom, knew how Emma was. Sure, she has alot of pressure on her back and there can be alot of stress, but honestly, Tom knew her from childhood, so he knew that if you give Emma a good and encouraging Ted Talk to listen to, a cup of coffee, maybe binge watch Friends for a bit, she'll be ready in no time. He chuckled at how Emma was in a hurry, and how still she managed everything perfectly. He knew how disappointed she'll be when she realizes she's late. He took a sip of his lemon tea, and smiled giddily, while remembering her flustered face and her mesmerizing eyes.