Realizations/17

2019, September 14th

"...Wow." Tom airily chuckled, as he looked at Emma. 

She had brought two subs, a box full of finger sandwiches, a large cookie, and a big bottle of vodka. She grinned wickedly, as she heard his stunning remark. "Emma you are...awesome." He whispered and Emma felt her heart skip a beat, as she started to turn red. She instantly regretted the position she sat in, the moonlight shining on her perfectly. His eyes twinkled as if they were the most mesmerizing diamonds hung from the skies. "Thank you." She said quietly. 
"Vodka?" She asked, nonchalantly as if this was the most normal thing ever. He laughed out loud, but Emma quickly put a hand on his mouth, hushing him. Tom, alarmed looked at her with wide eyes, his heart pounding. Emma and Tom looked at each other and laughed quietly, hushing each other now and then, acting like they were little 11-year-olds who were sneaking out for the first time. Tom hadn't felt like this since, well, since he was 11 years old. 

The filming of the first movie had a lot of memories. And one of the fondest memories was playing hide and seek on the big set, while the others were shooting. He and Emma would always hide together, he would pull her with him and they used to run around quietly while Rupert would try to find them.  He remembered how he would place his hand on her soft, pink lips so she would stop giggling...

Tom's eyes widened and he started to cough, he put a hand on his chest and gestured to Emma to give him the water. Emma looked at him concern in her eyes, not understanding why all of a sudden he started to cough so badly. "Are you okay? Tom?" She asked putting a hand on his shoulder. He looked at her and smiled, "I'm fine, just....thinking about something." He glanced at her and smiled but Emma shook her head, "What? What were you thinking about?" she asked him in her beautiful voice. Tom sighed and looked at her, and chuckled. "Remember when we were kids?" Emma laughed silently and nodded. "No actually, I don't remember when we were kids." Tom rolled his eyes and nudged Emma with his shoulder as Emma laughed. She pushed his shoulder and, looked up at him. "Come on, tell me!!" 

"Do you remember the time we filmed Chamber Of Secrets?"

"No, Tom. I don't remember, one of the most awesome memories of my life!"

"Emma!"

He rolled his eyes and looked at his fingers. "We used to play hide-and-seek with all of us kids? And we both would always be hiding together." Emma smiled at him, and Tom looked at her. She's so beautiful. His breath hitched as he looked at her lips again, they were starting to move. "Yeah, I remember." She said, her voice full of emotions and nostalgia. "I remember Bonnie was going to find us, she was honestly the most skilled at that. And we-" She laughed, "We um, we actually tried to fit between two congested marble walls in the castle. And we did! She didn't.." Emma looked at Tom, and he looked at her. Silence consuming them. Emma looked down at her hands, nervously. "She didn't find us." Emma cleared her throat. they both looked towards the crashing yet calming beach, the moon above the water. 

"I'm glad," Tom cleared his throat. "I'm glad you've forgiven me."

Emma felt like she had just been punched to the gut. Her mind was blank. Had she forgiven him? Had she truly forgiven him? She flinched away and her brain went through flashbacks. Minor flashbacks, small ones. But enough to make her whole body language change, her eyes-her perspective changing, it made Tom change for her. "Emma are you okay?"

She heard distinct and distorted voices.

"What about friday movie night?"

"Yeah, no. I'm going with Phoebe."