Comfort and Moments/15

Trigger Warning : Trauma on panic attacks.

Emma woke up in panic, not knowing where she was, or what happened. Her heart was beating faster, and her mind was racing with questions. Her throat was unusually dry, and it tasted weird. She began smacking her tongue to the roof of her mouth, as she looked around. It was night, the sky was dark and she could hear the waves of the blue ocean. Why is it night? She couldn't really remember anything about the morning, and the events that had occured. She took in a deep breathe trying to calm herself, and her lungs were filled with a familiar scent. She turned on her side as she pressed her cheek on the soft pillow. She inhaled it again, to be met with an image in her mind. The scent reminded her of something, or a rather someone. She felt relaxed by it. 

"Oh hey! You're awake." 

She was startled by the sudden intrusion in her calm thoughts. She silently gasped as she saw the twinkling blue orbs in middle of the dark that spread out in the enormous room. She was stuttering and couldn't get any words out. "H-How--w-why is---"

"Shh. Emma, calm down,"

He helped her up. And got her water, "Here you go.."

Emma started to gulp the water down too fast, while Tom panicked while looking at her. "Hey, hey. Em, shh. Slow down," She looked into is eyes and started to drink the water slowly, and then looked up as she finished her drink. "Are you okay?" Emma could just nod. Tom brushed his hands on Emma's arms, finally taking hold of her soft palms, and led her to the bed again. He sat her down and looked into her eyes, those brown eyes he had grown so fond of. Tom took a sharp intake of the windy air at that ungodly hour, that didn't go unnoticed by Emma. He looked down again and then stood up straight, letting go of Emma's hands that she didn't know she was still holding. "Stay here," He almost whispered afraid of breaking the quiet silence of that night, "I have to bring you y-your medicines, okay?"

Emma didn't want him to go. 

She didn't know why. But she didn't want him to leave her by herself. Emma was scared. I mean, anyone would be if you wake up in the middle o-of the night when the last memory you remembered was-"W-Wait." She whispered to him, suddenly going back and forth in her mind, whether she wanted him to hear her plead or not. But he heard it. Tom halted from his journey. Did she call him? He turned back to look at her again. "Hey, you okay?"

"Please don't go."

She said it louder this time, there was no going back now. She was rubbing herself with her arms trying get rid of the rushing cold. She couldn't bring herself to look at Tom somehow. She didn't know why. Her heart was thumping louder to let it all out. To let him know everything. To let him hold her. Her lip was quivering, trying to not let her cry out. She didn't want him to think she was vulnerable. Or that she couldn't handle it. But this, this scared her. Tom crouched down to his knees, his face in the level of her knees. He hesitantly took her hands in his, and looked at them as he traced them. Emma looked at his hands interlinked in hers, her eyes glossy. He kissed her palms, and then looked at her. "Hey, look at me." He reached his hands up to her face, and traced his fingers along her jaws, that made her look at him. 
His breath hitched as he looked at her. The moonlight kissed her face as it illuminated her eyes and her cheeks as it faded away towards her pink lips. Her hair was adorning her face, slightly swaying with the light breeze hitting them. She looked like an absolute angel.

But a broken one. 

Tom got up, went to the other side of the bed and patted the mattress, and Emma looked at him blankly. He sat down on the bed and Emma looked at Tom as she felt the bed dip. There were butterflies erupting from her stomach. Something she hadn't felt for a long time. Tom was not really giving attention to the flips in his stomach. He was only focusing on comforting Emma. "Come here,"