"they are not meant to be"/20

It was like Tom's heart been ripped out. He didn't understand the hurt he felt as he stared at Leo kiss Emma. His char. He felt like the time was painfully slow, as if someone was torturing him. He couldn't move, his eyes widened and pained, his feet stuck on the ground. He gulped, wincing as he felt that sharp pain from gulping too hard. He looked at Emma smiling at Leo, even if it was a half-hearted one Tom was jealous that Leo was the one receiving it and not him. Tom gritted his teeth when he heard someone cough, and he got out of his trance. He looked at Elle who was looking at him too, with an apologetic face. He gave them all a curt nod and walked away from the scene. 

Tom's chest shuddered and suppressed tears reached his eyes, when he was sure that no one was near him or he was alone. He walked through the hotel, and got into the lift to his hotel room. He let out a shaky sigh as he sat on his bed. The scene was playing repetitively in his mind. Leo's hands around Emma. Tom wrapped his hands around his stomach and tried to get the image out of his mind, of Leo kissing Emma, and the way he held her. Envy was bubbling up in Tom's stomach. 

Jealousy was coursing through his blood, as he remembered all the other times Leo had done couple-y stuff with Emma. That he realized he wanted to do. He remembered the way Emma pushed him away when he was about to kiss her, about to transport into the wonderful world where only him and her existed. Where he could run his hands could run through her beautiful locks and look into her brown eyes. And that's when anger met the other elements. 

She didn't have the right to ignore him as if nothing happened.

As if everything was normal.

As if she doesn't know that he's in love with her.

Tom broke into heart shattering sobs, the only sound in the cold night air except the faint buzz of the people at the diner. His chest was falling up and down heavily as he tried to keep his tears in, but that didn't happen. It was impossible to do that, because the person he loved belonged to someone else. And that hurt him. Ignoring the call that was making his phone vibrate, he hugged a pillow to his chest and tried to calm his breath. But the image wouldn't disappear from his mind. His fists turned white by the iron grip he had against the pillow. 

Was this how Emma felt?

His chest burnt with the urge to scream out loudly. He remembered all the times he had dismissed Emma, the times he took her for granted, the times she used to stare at him longingly and he didn't realize. Tom realized how cruel it was. How she fell early, and he fell late. Too late. 
Was this right person at wrong time kind of thing? Tom scoffed harshly, the irony. He shook his head. His eyes were begging to be shut, but his mind wasn't letting him. He took a deep breath, and winced softly. He had to do something now. He couldn't just...this was complicated. He had kissed her. He had kissed her. He loves her. 

But she belongs to someone else.

They are not meant to be.

Tom could only see one way. He wasn't going to quit this movie, he loved doing it and all the people and he couldn't just abandon them. Ignorance is bliss. But is it? He had to avoid her. Avoid her with his life. Seeing her would just break his heart. So would ignoring her, but what was he going to about it now? Tom sighed and let out one last sob, which somehow is never the last, and slumber engulfed him, happily yet with resistance. 

______________________________________________________________

Emma woke up, in an empty bed with the white drapes not being able to keep the sunlight out of her room. She groaned and then tried to find the end of the blanket to get out of the bed. After what felt like hours of vigorously messing the blankets, her hands started paining and she yelled in frustration. Emma had obviously, not gotten the sleep she deserved. Did she deserve it though? She felt uneasy in every position, with any pillow under her head and on any part of the bed.