Chapter 5 - Perspectives

Her alarm rings on her phone to alert her that it is 7:30 AM. (Knock. Knock.) Chiyui hears a knock on her door and she walks out of her bathroom. She was just checking her outfit for any last-minute fixes. When she opens her door, Jack is standing there with a smile on his face that makes Chiyui instantly smile back. Jack is wearing a black turtleneck shirt under a flannel shirt tucked into his tight jeans. He had a black jacket hanging on his arm and he was also holding his black boots. Chiyui thought he looked amazing and thought that she might be overdressed because she was wearing a dress. "Should I wear something more comfortable?" She asked.

Jack looked down at her feet and then back up to her face while taking in all of her beauty

Jack looked down at her feet and then back up to her face while taking in all of her beauty. He tried to hide his smile before he said, "No. I think you look great." Chiyui smiled and then said, "Are you sure? Because I can change into some jeans and a nice blouse." Jack smiled a mischievous smile before he said, "You can change if you want but you will still look beautiful." Chiyui blushed and ran into her bathroom to catch her breath. "Chiyui! We should get going. It's a good twenty minutes without traffic. I am sure morning traffic is already starting to pile up." Jack warned with a smile on his face.

Chiyui stood in her bathroom trying to calm her nerves

Chiyui stood in her bathroom trying to calm her nerves. She's never liked someone so much as she likes Jack. She's also worried that she's moving too fast with her feelings. Chiyui thinks, 'What if he's only being this way for the situation and doesn't truly mean it?' Then she grabs her lipstick and applies another layer before walking back out. To her surprise, Jack was not in her room anymore. She goes to her tote that had her shoes and grabs the short boots that match her dress.

She heads out of her room with boots in hand to then find Jack standing by the door with his jacket and his boots already on. He grabs her boots from her hands before saying, "You should grab a sweater. It's gonna be cold until lunchtime." Chiyui agrees and walks back into her room. She opens a large black Prada bag that all of her sweaters were stuffed into. She pulls out one that is soft and fits perfectly with her color scheme. She walks back out to the front entrance and Jack takes the sweater from her. Chiyui puts on her boots then turns around to let Jack help her put on her sweater.

On the table by the door, Chiyui placed her purse that matches her outfit earlier. She now grabs it before Jack opens the front door and they head out to the elevator. Once there, her phone begins to ring. Chiyui looks at it and notices that it's her father. She sends the call to voicemail before she goes into his contact details and blocks his calls. Once she puts her phone back into her purse, she feels Jack's hand grab hers before he interlocks their fingers together. She smiles and then Jack said, "I've been thinking about what Bo said to me last night."