16

... where did this big Biaojie came from?

JiYuan was a bit muddled, then he heard Ye Junchi beside him said in a low voice, a hint of smile was heard from his magnetic voice, "We still haven't reach JinHe but we already bumped into someone from the Jiang family."

System timely reminded, "Your mother is from the Jiang family, have you forgotten it already?"

The info of the kinship which has been thrown to the back of his mind resurfaced. JiYuan was a bit surprised, looking at the elegant, moving maiden at the opposite boat.

"I thought everyone is screaming for my death at the moment? How come this big Biaojie wanted to ... save me?"

"Who knows?"

JiYuan could only maintain his pre-set personality and kept quiet, wordlessly watching Ye Junchi conversed with the maiden.

"Everyone wanted to kill him, and yet you wanted to save him. Just because he is your Biao (cousin)..."

Ye Junchi paused, then glanced back to the quiet and well-behaved youth sitting beside him. He reached out and rubbed a few strands of hair, said with a smile, "... mei (younger sister)?"

[T/N : I swear to God, this chinese word 'him (他)/her (她)' is getting me crazy. Because it only 'visible' in written form and not the spoken form, the pronunciation for both words is the same 'ta'. YJC is obviously using 'him' when he was referring to JY but ... sigh

Do I correct it or not? :v But it's not like it's incorrect, but ...

On the other hand, for your info, 'Biao' means cousin while the next word means the gender/age ranking. Like Biaoge (older male cousin), Biaodi (younger male cousin), Biaojie (older female cousin, Biaomei (younger female cousin).]

"Naturally."

The young girl raised her head, "She is my little aunt's daughter, how could she collude with the demon race? Furthermore, that ZhaoYang deserved to die long time ago. I really wanted to take look at that demon Ye Junchi."

.... right in front of you ah.

JiYuan was a bit helpless.

The girl's eyes were clear and bright. Although she looked at people with a proud gaze, like a pampered princess, it did not cause any disgust. Also, the scene where she take care of the bad guys really impressed JiYuan. Such a girl like this, it was obvious with a glance that she grew up under the care of her family and doesn't know the sinister side of people's heart. Otherwise, she wouldn't explain everything to Ye Junchi just like this.... Ye Junchi's attitude was a bit strange, couldn't be he has some devious thoughts?

As JiYuan was pondering about it, Ye Junchi has exchanged a few more words with the young maiden. Then, the subject was abruptly changed. He said, "You are looking for Ye Junchi and JiYuan? I heard that they heading southwards to JinHe."

The girl's eyes were wide opened.

"What?! It was not easy for me to run out......forget it, forget it."

Stomping her feet, she looked back to see the floorboard of the boat being flooded with water. With a gentle jump, she landed on JiYuan's boat.

"You are looking for them too right? Let's go together."

The girl pointed at the boat on the verge of collapsing, "Those two men chipped the bottom of the boat and wanted to rob me of my possessions but was chased away by me."

The boat was bought by Ye Junchi so it was not JiYuan's place to speak out. Even according to the pre-set personality, he still would not speak out so he could only silently prayed that the young girl would find another boat and stay further away from Ye Junchi. Although this person(YJC) was not as bad as he thought, but he is certainly not a good person.