40

Goosebumps raised up all over JiYuan.

He stared unbelievably at JiShen who was smiling weakly, doesn't know what to say from the impact of the shock. He only came back to his senses after a long time. Abruptly grasping JiShen's shoulder, the words he wanted to say were about to come out but JiShen frowned before fainting away.

JiYuan could only swallow back his words. Blankly staring at JiShen's face, he doesn't know what kind of emotions he was feeling now. Underneath the fright was utmost joy. He felt like he falling down into a cliff but was pulled back by someone at the last moment. The danger of falling into an abyss and the feelings of his life hanging on a thread, he really couldn't differentiate between reality and illusion at the moment.

After Ye Junchi cleaned his hands, he caught a few fishes while he was at it.

When he came back, he saw JiYuan absentmindedly holding onto JiShen's hand and was sitting beside him(JS). Leaning over, Ye Junchi rubbed JiYuan's hair and asked, "What is it? I just gave him the medicine, he will be alright after he wakes up. Don't worry."

JiYuan's mind returned to the present, and he retrieved his hand like he was frightened. Seeing that Ye Junchi has caught some fishes, he stood up unstably and said, "I'll go to pick some firewood..."

"You go? I'm afraid something else will pick you up instead."

Ye Junchi teased with a sentence, but frowned when he found that JiYuan seemed to be out of it, "What happened? You don't look very good."

Shaking his head, JiYuan threw a glance at JiShen then stared at Ye Junchi for some time. Following that, he opened his mouth and lightly said, ".... I just, feel a bit surreal."

"Where did you found not real?"

Ye Junchi smiled. He didn't mind not getting a response, he just lightly kissed the corner of JiYuan's lips. Erected a barrier and left Gui Chi behind, Ye Junchi turned around to the woods to find firewood.

JiYuan released a long breath, still feeling his own blood boiling.

"System... did you see that?"

"Saw it."

System's tone was solemn, "While you were zoning out just now, I applied from the headquarter for some basic information of this world."

"What's going on.... that was JiSi just now right?! It's JiSi!"

"JiYuan, you believe that humans have soul and would reincarnate, right?"

System continued, "In fact, there are a lot of things that cannot be explained with science. Science and those mysterious forces do exist and are coexisting."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, JiShen is JiSi. After JiSi passed away, he reincarnated into this world."

"This world? This world is ... not fake?" [T/N : Lol]

Having said that, JiYuan quietly sat down to hug his knees, looked a bit dazed. From the first day he came into this world, he thought everything in this world was fake.

System was surprised.

"Who told you it was fake? There are tens and thousands of worlds out there, here is a world parallel to your world. Cultivation world like this is not just one. Sometimes, the world that you imagined can come true. I have a colleague which is a role-playing experience system, which is also known to you as Novel Transmigration System. It has also silently matched a pair of martial elder and younger brothers... they are real. Ye Junchi is real, you are real too."