25

Sleeping deep into the night, JiYuan suddenly shivered. He was woken up by a vague sound of water dripping, he still shivered even though he was covered with a thick quilt. The surrounding was strangely quiet. Not sure where it came from, a gust of eerie wind blew over. JiYuan was just sitting up when the wind blew, goosebumps raised on his arms and he couldn't help but gently sucked in a breath of cold air. Nothing couldn't be seen clearly in the dark, JiYuan randomly thought of the time before he went to bed when Ye Junchi passed by his room, and the seemed-fake-and-true words he said.

... really haunted?

JiYuan's teeth chattered, "Sy sy sy sy System ah ah ah ah should be no ghost ba? Even if there is, I'm staying next to Ye Junchi. The sword Gui Chi, those kind of thing shouldn't appear ba..."

System went silent for a moment, thinking that some things are better off untold, calmly said, "Logically, your bed is separated too far from Ye Junchi's bed. Gui Chi couldn't prevent ghosts from scaring you."

JiYuan wanted to cry. He could only use the quilt to cover his whole body, then carefully looked around the room, visibly trembling. He absentmindedly recalled back the time when he was young and locked in a haunted house. Every corner also seemed to be emitting a scary atmosphere, as if all sorts of strange and evil spirits would jump out at any moments. There seemed to be eyes from all directions in the room, staring at him. They used voices that he couldn't hear to playfully size him up....

JiYuan could even feel a cold breath in close proximity. Then, there was something 'unclean' stretching slowly below his bed, checking out how to attack him in one fell swoop. JiYuan's body froze, his throat tightened, "System, what to do? I can't sleep, I would be scared to death."

"Go to Ye Junchi's room. Both of you are men anyway, it's nothing to sleep together."

"... I'm gay ah."

"What can a weak chicken like you do to him?"

JiYuan : "..." Sounds about right.

JiYuan went silent for a while, then said, "Still can't."

System was a bit headache, "Baby, what now? Ye Junchi won't do anything to you."

"... I don't dare to get out of the bed." JiYuan said in a small voice, after holding back for a moment.

System : "... what a baby."

Still shivering, JiYuan continued to burrow into his quilt. He felt like there were eyes staring at him no matter where he looked at. Scowling miserably, he pleaded, "System, please help me. You don't want to see me being scared to death here, right? I didn't OOC and also didn't finish the tasks, under this circumstances you couldn't get the bonus, right?"

System thought for a moment, sighed, "Alright, I'll help you run out of the room."

JiYuan emitted some crying sound, "You are so nice, if you are a man, I'll will marry you."

System was silent, not replying him.

Not a moment later, JiYuan felt his body automatically moved and sat up, wrapping himself tightly with the quilt. Then his body quickly got out of the bed, ran to the door and pushed it open. The moment he was out of the room, the control of his body returned. It was already midnight, the corridor in the inn was shrouded in darkness. Tonight the stars was not much, logically the moonlight should be bright but it was enveloped tightly within dark clouds, giving off a ghostly atmosphere. JiYuan moved his arms a bit, then walked in quick steps towards Ye Junchi's room. His gaze accidentally swept over at the end of the corridor, he seemed to see two dark green lights.

...something over there was peeping at him!

His scalp felt numb, JiYuan even skipped the part to knock at the door, quickly push at it – it actually opened. Rushing into the room, he closed the door with a 'Peng!'. His heartbeat rapidly sprinted, his body was trembling and he was completely soaked in cold sweat. Both of JiYuan's legs were shaking, "System! Did I just saw a ghost?!"