01 - Levina Dreyar

February 3rd, x820

Five years had passed since that day. Five years had passed since they had fallen in that trap. Five years had passed since they had lost their lives. Five whole years had passed since the day I lost my one and only sister.

The slightly chilly breeze blew across my face as I entered the familiar cemetery of the Cardia Cathedral. My dry fingers clutched a bouquet of her favorite flowers, ignoring the thorns that pressed into my palm through the plastic wrapping. I stared down blankly at the dusty tombstone that etched her name, unsure if I was numb to the pain like I had thought I was. In my other hand was a box that contained all of the journals, diaries, and letters that she had religiously written throughout her life. Although most, if not all, the letters in the box were addressed to me, her journals were a different story. Written in big, bold letters on the very first page of each journal was a specific, angry note stating that I was not allowed to look inside.

"Too bad you're not here to stop me from taking a peak now since you're dead, Rat," I chuckled quietly to myself as I sat in front of her grave. "Also, the old lady Porlyusica gave them to me, saying I should take a look so go haunt her if you're mad."

They were stored in chronological order, from her very first diary since she learned how to write, to the very last entry she wrote before going on that mission. I carefully opened the nearly five decade old princess-themed diary that was barely hanging onto the spine. Scribbled across the bright pink page was an illegible, glittery purple paragraph full of spelling and grammar mistakes. I could only smirk slightly to myself, fully knowing that I would've teased the hell out of her if I had seen this before.

I flipped through this childish diary, intrigued with all the complaints she had against me in nearly every single entry. There were even ugly little doodles of a weird, demon-like character that I assumed represented me. These nonsensical entries continued up to when she was about ten years old-- that was when her writing and pages became more simplistic and... mature.

I felt sorry knowing that this innocent little girl was forced to give up her childhood and become an adult at such an early age... all because of me.

---

July 4th, x784 - Entry #2453

There is not a single day in this guild where I can take a peaceful nap. The constant yelling and ruckus caused a pounding in my head, and my entire back and neck was beyond sore from my terrible sleeping posture of lying over a table. I peered over the splintered wooden railing to examine the various fights occurring just one floor down. Food painted the floor, drinks stained the furniture, and blood and bruises covered people's bodies. Yup, just another normal day at Fairy Tail.

"Enjoyed your nap?" Mira asked me as she came up to the second floor with a pile of flyers in her arms. Mirajane Strauss, the beautiful, silver-haired goddess and face of our guild. This former She-Devil is my role model. A sweet and kindhearted woman who is like a sister figure to me, Mira has always been a great comfort for me whenever I needed an older sibling to talk to. Although my own older brother is alive and well, he no longer drops by the guild often.

"Yeah, it was a good nap," I lied through my annoying headache. "I can pin those jobs up for you." I hopped off my chair and was already grabbing the nails to post up the new S-Class jobs on the bulletin board. My eyes scanned through the three flyers, slightly intrigued by their content. "I wonder how hard these jobs actually are to pay millions of jewels."

"You can't take these yet, Vina. Maybe wait a few more years," Mira giggled, confusing me with how she even came to the conclusion that I wanted to go on one. "Would you like some lunch? You haven't eaten anything yet right?"