12 - The Warmest Hug

It was finally the last day of this year's Grand Magic Games, and everyone was excited to see who the winners will be. It goes without saying that Sabertooth will win again, since they're guaranteed first place even if they lose today. Us Fairy Tail members, on the other hand, had lost hope.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the final day of this year's Grand Magic Games!" the emcee announced and started talking to Mr. Yajima and the special guest, which was the pumpkin mascot. "For the final day, there will be only one event to decide the winners for the year x788! The final event for this year will be a team versus team battle, but there's a twist: both sides can choose to remove one member from the opposing team!"

The rest of the members looked at me worriedly.

"It's obvious, no matter who we fight, they're going to remove you," Droy stated. I didn't say anything; more like there was nothing I could say; as much as I wanted to refute and tell them it wasn't true, I knew what they were saying was right. If I were the other team, I'd remove myself too; I am the only one who won any of the events so far. As twisted as this may sound, I was hoping to be removed since I know for sure I won't be able to fight properly with my waist injury, and I really don't want to risk opening the stitches again.

The first battle began: Lamia Scale, minus Lyon Vastia, versus Twilight Ogre, minus a member I don't know the name of.

"Who do you think would win," Laki asked me. I glanced at her then back down at the arena.

"Obviously Lamia. Honestly, Sherria alone could wipe out most of the other guild," I answered. Just like I said, Twilight Ogre was dominated by Sherria and the others. Next was Blue Pegasus, minus Mr. Ichiya, versus the unknown guild, minus an unknown member. I continued to humor my teammates by predicting the results.

"Pegasus will lose. Unfortunately, without Mr. Ichiya, their offensive power has decreased significantly. Hibiki isn't a fighting-oriented mage, so he won't be contributing much to the battle. Although Ren, Eve, and Jenny are good, the other guild is better in both offense and defense," I explained, and that's exactly what happened. The next match was Sabertooth, minus Ms. Minerva, versus Mermaid Heel, minus Ms. Kagura.

"Again, it is obvious that Saber will win. Even without Ms. Minerva, the rest of the Saber members are still a force to be reckoned with. Although Mermaid is strong, their win condition is Ms. Kagura, but she's sitting out. I don't mean to be rude, but one or two of the Saber members are enough to beat Mermaid Heel. Judging by their personalities, it'll probably be Sting and that green-haired guy who'll be doing most of the fighting. It'll be a humiliating, but expected defeat."

Once again, my predictions were right. Rogue and the masked blonde stood back and let Sting and their lightning wizard do most of the work, the former two only defending themselves when they were attacked. Sting and green hair ruthlessly defeated the four Mermaid members.

"It's amazing how you're getting all of this right, down to the slightest detail," Vijeetar exclaimed.

"It's quite obvious when you put some thought into it. We've been watching all these people these past four days; I have a good idea of everyone's abilities and skills. Sabertooth's entire line up consists of some of the five strongest mages participating. Of course, Mermaid is strong too, but Ms. Kagura is probably the only one whose skills are on par with Saber. Individually, each one of Saber's remaining members have higher stats than Mermaid, so the results will be obvious," I explained, leaving my teammates dumbfounded.

It was finally our turn, the final battle of this year's Grand Magic Games, and like with all of the previous battles, I can easily predict the outcome of this battle as well. I will be removed by the other guild, and as for our team, they'll trust my decision on who to remove, and I'll remove Mr. Bacchus. But even without their strongest member, our team will still lose to Quatro Cerberus; I'll spare the explanation since I don't want to insult or analyze my own teammates' performance.