41 - Twin Dragons Disband

The melodious chirping of birds outside the window interrupted my delicious dream and brought me back to reality; the rays of sunlight peeked through the ash-dusted clouds, signaling the start of a new day. It's been a while since I've woken up to such a fresh and beautiful morning. The dew still coated the window, tempting me to go outside and draw nonsensical doodles on the glass so that Sting and Lector will have a good laugh when they wake up. I glanced at the ticking clock on the wall, reading exactly nine in the morning. Now, one might wonder why I'm awake at this hour? Well, yesterday while lounging around the guildhall, Ms. Minerva had approached me, inviting me- without giving me an option to decline- to accompany her on another cooking-related job; unfortunately, Yukino was out at the time, so she won't be joining us today. And thus, I, now, have to wake up earlier than usual to not keep the lady waiting.

I struggled out of Sting's strong grasp around my waist, carefully wriggling my way out to not wake him or Lector up, but of course, it wasn't possible.

"Why are you up so early...?" Sting groaned from beside me, his arms still tight around my figure.

"I promised Ms. Minerva to go on a job with her, so I shouldn't keep her waiting," I answered quietly and planted a soft kiss on his temple.

"No... Stay with me a bit longer..." he mumbled, not planning to let me go anytime soon.

"Sting..." I chuckled and ran my fingers through his messy hair, twirling the stands a little before finally crawling out of his grip and into the bathroom.

"It's still cold outside, so dress warmly," Sting reminded.

"Yeah, I'll wear that dress you bought me last time," I said and pulled out the black and purple blazer dress with a pair of matching black thigh high stockings. After getting dressed and finishing my morning routine, I took one good look at my reflection in the bathroom mirror and gave my two sleeping beauties another kiss on their foreheads before leaving. "I'll be going now. See you later at the guild."

"Mm... See 'ya..." Sting and Lector sleepily waved as I exited the house. For the first time in months, I was able to admire the early morning sky, the crisp and fresh air, the dewy grass and plants, the people preparing to open up their shops, just everything that made the early mornings so beautiful. When I arrived at the guild, Minerva was already waiting for me in front of the door.

"Sorry for taking so long; I hope I didn't keep you waiting," I sheepishly apologized.

"It's alright, I just got here myself. Let's go," she said and strutted into town. I slowly followed her, admiring her elegance and beauty from behind; her heels clicked against the floor, each step oozing with confidence. From the gentle swaying of her hips to her sleek black hair flowing with the soft breeze, everything about her was breathtaking. Although I've mentioned this before, Minerva was truly a beautiful woman that can capture anyone's attention without even trying. She is the embodiment of an ethereal beauty. And plus, her behind look so plump, I wonder what her workout routine is-

"Is there a reason you're staring at me so intensely?" Minerva's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"I- um.... Y-Your makeup looks nice today. I love the smokey eye..." I awkwardly laughed.

"Thank you, but I'm not sure how you'd admire my eye makeup while looking at my back," Minerva said, sending some cold sweat down my forehead. Oh 'back' is rather tame compared to that thick ass I was staring at-

"O-Oh would you look at that? Looks like we're here," I quickly changed the topic, mentally sighing in relief. In front of us was an extravagant vintage-looking culinary school. When we entered, I could only stare in awe at the beautiful decor of the place, until I became enchanted by the sweet aroma of various fancy dishes being prepared in the rooms.