32 - Birthday Kiss

The seasons had finally changed, and the scorching hot and sunny summer was replaced by the cloudy and cooler fall. This year, it looks like the autumn harvest turned out spectacular like usual, so to celebrate such a wonderful occasion, Fairy Tail will be participating in the annual Harvest Festival again for the first time in seven years. All of the food stands and carnival games were already set up all around town, and us Fairy Tail members were working on the floats for the Fantasia Parade. Of course, my birthday was also just around the corner, so Sting and Lector came over to celebrate like they always do.

        "Is it just me, or is everyone more hyped than usual?" Sting asked.

        "Well, Fairy Tail's gonna be hosting the festival for the first time in seven years, so everyone's pretty excited," I explained, "We're also bringing back the Miss Fairy Tail Contest and the Fantasia parade too."

        "Are you gonna join the beauty pageant?" Sting asked, clear anticipation in his voice.

        "Do you want me to?"

        "I-I mean you don't have to, but it'll be kinda nice..." he stammered, making me giggle.

        "I guess I'll join, since you came all the way over here. Plus it'll be nice to win that 300,000 jewels reward," I smiled upon seeing his face light up, "Oh, let's play the darts game." We walked over to the balloon-darts game and paid for one round. Sting skillfully hit all of his darts and won a potato plushie for me.

        "Why a potato...?" Lector questioned in confusion.

        "It's cute isn't it?" I giggled, shoving the potato closer to his face.

        "You really have weird taste," Sting chuckled and flattened the potato in his hands, only for it to spring up again.

        "You're my taste, and I think you look good," I nonchalantly said, making Sting blush.

        "What the heck.." he tried to cover his smile with the back of his hand, making me giggle and poke his cheek lightly. He's so cute.

        "Let's get some cotton candy!" Lector cheered and flew towards the said stand.

        "Can I get four cotton candies?" I asked and paid.

        "Four?" Sting questioned.       

        "I'm getting one for Asuka too," I answered and passed out the candy to Sting and Lector, who immediately gobbled the thing up. The three of us continued to wander around the festival for a while before growing bored and returning to the guild.

        "Big Sis' Vina! Handsome big brother!" Asuka cheered and ran towards us.

        "Hey you. I got you some candy," I said and handed her the cotton candy.

        "Thank you! Big Sis' Vina, I got you something!" Asuka smiled and started pulling me over to the bar, "Tada! Happy birthday!" She pulled out a cutely wrapped box with a cute handmade card taped on the top.

        "Aw~ Thank you Asuka!" I pulled the girl into a tight hug, "Can I open it?" She nodded enthusiastically. I carefully unwrapped the paper and opened the box to reveal a beautiful picture frame with a picture of Sting, Lector, her and me inside; I recognize the picture to be the one a photographer randomly took for us at the park a while back.

        "She insisted on using her own money to buy the picture frame," Bisca chuckled.

        "Is this why you wanted to go on all those jobs with us last time?" I asked and she nodded, making me super touched.