Season 1

You were new into town, but you weren't the only change arriving.

You had been living with Monse for a while now. She was your cousin, your favorite cousin actually. You were both around the same age and living around Freeridge. You'd gotten into an argument with your family though and decided to subtract yourself from the tension.

So here you were, kicking it with the Core Four.

Jamal. Goofy, the most loyal friend you can fine, adventurous, but overly cautious. He's a bit of a dork but it's  what makes him charming.

Cesar. You know Monse has a crush on him. She never shuts up about him. He's cute yeah, but not your type. He was like your brother though. Protective and obnoxious.

Ruben. Or Ruby. He introduced himself as Ruben when he first met you but eventually he stopped trying to get at you. Now he's your lovable cuddle buddy. He vents to you and vice versa. He's hella smart too so you both scheme together.

Then theres Monse. She was a built in sister for you. You could gossip, cry, and goofy around with no judgement and hella support. Monse was glad when you moved in, she had wanted a girl bestie for a while and you made that happen.

You had spent the night looling forward to freshman year. Drinking beers while the guys eyed every high school girl-- well Jamal was actually panicking over football but still.

Ruby even almost got jacked up by a guy names Sad Eyes but Cesar's brother seemed to be an out for you guys.

The little rendezvous came to a halt though. Gunshots.

"Thats definitely a .44" Monse called out

As you all ran another shot let lose

".357!!" You all shouted and ran, breaking into laughter on the way back to the Martinez's house.
-

Currently you were sitting, on the couch listening to Ruby's brother Mario rant about high school.

"High school is the foundation for the rest of your life, mess up and your dead" He finished

The gang look around at each other, Monse taking a sip from her soda.

"Jeez Mario... morbid much?"

Ruby hit me on the shoulder "SHUSH he's trying to help us."

I threw my hands up in defense and excused myself from the living room to go into the kitchen.

We were trying to enjoy as much as the summer as we could. School was starting soon and we couldn't wait.

I came back and heard "Don't go into high school without back up. Y'all need to STICK. TOGETHER."

Then he walked off. Not before coming back in again though-

"One more thing- Don't bone Monse.. Or Y/n"

All of us glared around before cackling like a group of hyenas

"Who would wanna do that- WHY would anyone wanna do that???" Me and Monse giggled in unison.