Side Story: "Could You Be Sorry Instead?"

i need a outlet which means- SIDE STORY😭

**Trying a new writing style here too **
STORY STARTS BELOW ⬇️
*****
In which you have an argument about feelings unheard.
****
Your biggest pet peeve in life had to be people who pissed you off, knew they pissed you off, and atill had the audacity to ask if you were mad.

There were 2 people who were really good at it though. Your mother and Latrelle.

Recently you were sick of everyone making it seem like you were dumb. Like you weren't capable of caring for yourself.

You didn't mind the concern but sometimes it felt more condescending that considerate.

Today Latrelle had pushed you over the edge.

It started when your mother talked to you about something simple that easily became an argument between you two.

"Ma I just need you to give me credit, I feel like y'all never give me any credit"

"You see how you say FEEL, we never said you didn't deserve it YOU feel that way. Have we ever  said we thought you were incapable?"

You muttered a small "No."

"I can't control your emotions, Y/n. I wish you'd stop picking at what I say. You make me feel like a bad mother."

It was never outright said but the tones, cutoffs, and  reversals always made you feel small

Despite how big your personality was, your biggest insecurity was how your friends and family perceived you.

It's why you fight for independence and self sufficiency. 

But it's what happened when you had the same convo with Latrelle that pissed you off for good.

"How many times have I told you to watch tour surroundings? I'm not always near you and you NEED to be careful"

"Latrelle I was just-"

"No. Seriously Y/n. I worry about you- I know you think you're good when you're solo but anything can happen to you-"

"Latrelle I'm not stupid"

"I didn't say you were"

"Well you're making me feel that way"

"But did I say it? How you FEEL is a result of how you interpret what I said. I didn't call you stupid babe"

"But your tone-"

"The same tone you just had with me?"

You finally backed down and silenced yourself.

Arguing with them two was like arguing with a wall. Exhausting and ultimately pointless.

You walked toward the couch and pulled a blanket into your lap.

"Babe- "

"No. You're right.. I'm sorry..."

And then there was

Silence.

~

A half an hour had gone by and you were on the couch still.

Wrapped in a blanket, rummaging TikTok

"Y/n, you're still mad with me?"

"Nope." you muttered

"Y/n?"

"Nah."

"Y/n are you listening?"

"No! I'm not mad." You say a little louder, agitated.

"Took you long enough, you must not have wanted to answer for real" He joked

"Latrelle leave me the hell alone."

"Whats wrong with you?"

"You and my momma"

"Huh"

"I'm sick of yall, I can't ever speak on my feelings without yall making me feel like shit for feeling them. Its like yall will passive aggressively gaslight me everytime we have an argument"

Latrelle stared at you silently. He took in the stream of words that left your frame in an angered voice

"I be wanting to swing on yall every time too, and one day imma just blow tf up and do it."

You snatched up the blanket and headed upstairs, slamming the door to your shared room shut.

Latrelle was left speechless downstairs. "Damn-.."

~

You had tapped out in the bed upstairs. You had that anger nap kicking in. Heavy breathing, tear stained pillow, and sleep marks all on your face.

Latrelle trekked up to you about 2 hours later. He figured that was enough to let you cool down.

When he came to the door and jiggled it, he realized it was locked.

He mumbled slightly. Something about "this girl and her locked doors", before making his way down again.

This time he left.
~

You were still knocked out. Something about bottled feelings being slept off for so long, made the exhaustion naps after all that had been said, much longer.

Latrelle had returned though and was sitting outside the door waiting on the moment you would need the bathroom or snacks.

To his luck, you opened up the door to go grab water.

You yawned and rubbed your puffy eyes trudging out the door only to be hug at tour waist

"I'm sorry. I am..."

You looked down at him still dazed. It was enough confusion to let him stand and hug you fully.

You hug back and nod.

"I should've accepted your feelings and understood where you were coming from."

You nodded again. "I appreciate  that.."

"You don't have to be sorry first. Okay I'm learning how to be sorry instead."

He kisses your forehead and leads you downstairs.

"Check it, I got you some dippin dots"

You smile, "Rainbow??"

"Rainbow" He grinned. "We can eat and talk, try to understand each other, yeah?"

You rushed for a spoon or two as he made his way to the couch.

As you sat sown, he passed you the container.

"Talk to me."

~~~~~
I usually try not to take my emotions too far into account with my writing but i had been stressed and agitated for a minute so boom

anyways what do we think of this format?

It flowed easier in my head but idk how yall feel?

hope ur week goes well yall🧡