1:5

The First Day
-----------

PREVIOUSLY on Big Energy

They drag us down the driveway as I begin to laugh, Monse still huffing with anger. She lightens up as she sees me delirious off of adrenaline

"You're bat shit"

"And you know this" I continue to giggle. Jamal and Ruby merely glance at each other

"Is she gonna be alright? Is she always like this after a fight" Jamal wonders

"She'll be fine, shes on an adrenaline rush, give her 5 minutes" Monse waves it off as we make it a few feet from the Diaz house.

~

They guys begin to talk and giggle with us about the fight. They call us insane, but cheer us on for standing tall in our efforts.

Unbeknownst to me, they weren't the only ones cheering.

Someone else had seen, and they admired the sight just as much.

CONTINUING

YOUR POV
Monse had tapped my shoulder as i stirred in my sleep. "Mmph.. 10 more minutes Mons.."

With my face stuffed in my pillow I tuned  her out. It's not like we had anywhere to be right now. It's Mon- FUCK IT'S MONDAY

I jump up and apologize "Shit i forgot M, How much time do we have??"

She shakes her head at me "You have about 15 minutes. Shower quick and get dressed, we'll grab breakfast at school"

I rush into the bathroom and set my alarm. I needed to make sure I got my breath minty fresh and my body cleaned as quick as possible.

It took a few but I was in exactly 15 minutes, give or take 2 maybe 3 minutes.

Before I knew it, Monse was tossing me my bag and we were in our way.

As we dashed out the door, Monse was preparing to call Ruby and Jamal but To our surprise, we were met with their nerve-wracked faces as soon as we made it off the driveway.

"Hey, Homeroom's first.. Do we have the same teacher?"

We pass our tiny slips of paper around. I'm excited to see me and Jamal share a homeroom. But it led me to wonder-

"Me and Monse have Mr. Brookes- What about you two?" Ruby quipped.

"Oh thank god- We have him too" Jamal released a sigh of relief.

I perk up even more. The whole year, sharing a homeroom with the crew (albeit- it was now the crew, minus one).

The walk to school was rather quiet. Most of our thoughts plagued by hope or distress.

I knew Monse was probably thinking about her English class and perhaps creative writing. Meanwhile, Jamal was probably panicking over his whole "My dad wants to be like him" dilemma. As for Ruby? He was probably nervous about establishing his rep.