𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

───── ❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ❞ ─────

───── 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ─────

{EVELYN}

Once upon a time, long, long ago- well, more like twenty years ago...

Belle married her beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Big cake! Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the Kingdom and got himself elected King of the United States of Auradon.

He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks- basically all the interesting people- and he booted them off to the Isle of the Lost with a magical barrier to keep them there.

This is my hood. No magic. No wi-fi. No way out... Or so I thought.

Hang on, you're about to meet us, but first, this happened...

{THIRD PERSON POV}

Prince Ben, son of Queen Belle and King Beast and soon to be King, was getting tailored for his suit while his soon to be Royal advisor, Melanie White, daughter of Snow White, was sitting at a desk, drawing. As the tailor was measuring Ben's suit, he was staring out the window of his bedroom, across the water, towards the Isle. That was until the tailor turned his head forward and measured it.

"Sleeve... head... ah-ha," The tailor mumbled as he wrote it down.

Then suddenly the doors opened to reveal Ben's parents as they walked in.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month?" Beast asked as he and Belle walked towards Ben, "You're just a baby."

"He's turning 16, dear," Belle told her husband, smiling.

"Hey, Pops," Ben started, but his father cut him off.

"16? That's far too young to be crowned king," Beast said as Belle grabbed a coat off of the chair and started to fold it, "I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."

Belle scoffed, "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28."

"Well, it was either you or teapot," Beast jokes, winking at Ben and Melanie, who chuckled. Then turned to see his wife's face, "Kidding." Ben looks at Melanie discouraged. Melanie gave him a nod with an encouraging smile.

"Mom, Dad," Ben said, "I, with the help of Mel, have chosen my first official proclamation."

Beast and Belle looked at each other, excited.

Ben took a deep breath before continuing, "I have decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost should be given a chance to live here in Auradon."

Beast and Belle looked at their son in shock. Belle made a squeaking sound as she dropped the coat she was holding. Melanie quietly chuckled.

Ben pointed out the window as he continued and walked towards his parents. The tailor didn't even stop him because he was shocked.

"Every time Mel and I look to the island, we feel like they've been abandoned," Ben told his parents.

Beast glanced out the window to the island before looking back at Ben, "The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" he asked Ben in disbelief.

Melanie nodded as she stood next to Ben, "We start with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. Ben's already chosen them."

"Has he?" Beast asked, looking skeptical, causing Ben and Melanie to frown.

Belle placed her hand on Beast's arm, "I gave you a second chance," she reminded him softly. Beast's demeanor softened. She then turned to her son and Melanie, "Who are their parents?"

"Jafar..." Melanie started, hesitantly, "Cruella De Vil..."

"Evil Queen," Ben continued for Melanie before pausing and looking at Melanie. The Daughter of Snow White gave him a nod. He took a deep breath, "And Maleficent."

"MALEFICENT?!" Beast roared, "She's the worst villain in the land!"

"But, just hear Ben out," Melanie pleaded.

"I won't hear of it," Beast said, firmly. The tailor stepped out of the room, scared of Beast's sudden anger, "They are guilty of unspeakable crimes."

"Dad, their children are innocent," Ben protested, "Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" Ben continued, "Dad?" he pleaded.

Belle looked at her husband with an imploring expression on her face.

Beast sighed, "I suppose... their children are innocent," Beast admitted, causing Ben and Melanie to smile.

"Well done," Belle told her son as she fixed his suit and she gave Melanie a smile before she and her husband walked out of the room.

As his parents left his room, Ben and Melanie looked at each other with an exhale as they looked out on the Isle of the Lost.