𝟎𝟏𝟖. fencing practice

───── ❝ 𝐅𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 ❞ ─────

───── 𝐅𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 ─────

{THIRD PERSON POV}

Melanie went to see the fencing team practice for a break from all the cotillion stuff. She was standing on a little balcony with some cheerleaders.

"All right, boys. Let's line up," Jay said as the boys lined up, "Carlos you're with me."

"Yeah," Carlos answered as he lined up with Jay.

"Assembler. Salute. Lower the point. Masks down. En garde," Jay said as the boys did what he said, "Keep your center!" Jay said as he and Carlos went to the center.

"Whoa!" Carlos said.

"Eyes on your opponent!" Jay said, "Up and over!" He said as he won over Carlos.

Then a new opponent came as they started to clash with Jay.

"Get him, Jay!" Someone said, "Practice."

"Watch out, Jay," Someone said in the crowd.

"Nice!" Carlos said.

"Jay, what happened?" Someone said, "Finish him." They saw Jay's opponent holding Jay's sword. Jay kicked the sword out of his opponent's hand, he caught it as the person removed their mask.

"It's Lonnie!" Melanie said proudly as she applauded her while people joined her, "Yeah! Whoo! Go Lonnie!"

"Not bad," Jay said.

"You should put me on the team," Lonnie said as she removed her gloves.

Jay nodded as he went to come up in front of her and Chad pulled him back, "Hey, w-what?! No, no, no. We'll-- We'll be the laughing stock of the league. A-And what's gonna happen next? We'll have girls playing Tourney? Come on, guys," Melanie rolled her eyes.

"So?" Jay said.

"So? Uh, so, have you not read the rule book?" He asked as he took out the rule book, "Section 2, paragraph 3, 11- 4," he found the page and read it, "A team will be composed of a captain and eight men," he showed the crowd the rule book, "Hmm? Why don't you read the rule book?"

"Okay, yeah, but you're down a man!" Lonnie said, "I mean, since Ben had to leave to do all that king stuff."

"Exactly, we're down a man," Chad said.

"Jay," Lonnie said, looking at the son of Jafar.

"I'm sorry. Coach trusts me," Jay told her, "I'm not gonna stay captain if I just throw out the rule book."

"If my mother thought that way, she would have lost the war," Lonnie glared at Chad.

"Okay. Rule book. Rule book," Chad said to her as she walked away.

"All right, guys. Practice is over. Let's go," Jay said as all the boys began to leave. Melanie sighed before trying to find Lonnie to comfort her.