𝟎𝟑𝟔. to keep auradon safe

───── ❝ 𝐓𝐨 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞 ❞ ─────

───── 𝐓𝐨 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞 ─────

{THIRD PERSON POV}

The next morning Evelyn, Melanie, Mal and Ben met up with Belle, Beast, and Fairy Godmother.

"I think we all know why we're here," Beast told the group, "The people are in a panic about Hades," Beast told Evelyn, Melanie, Mal and Ben. Ben and Melanie scoffed as Mal and Evelyn stayed silent with their arms crossed, "He almost got out."

"Who knows what he would've done if he had escaped?" Fairy Godmother asked.

"We can't risk having another villain on the loose," Beast told Evelyn, Melanie, Mal and Ben.

"I really feel like this is my fault," Mal told the group, "I'm supposed to protect Auradon."

"You did," Ben told Mal, "You do protect Auradon."

"Every time we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger," Beast told the teens, "Maleficent, Uma, Scarlett, Hades."

Then all of sudden Ben's phones went off, he checked the text he received before turning to the group, "Maleficent's scepter and the Queen's crown have been stolen," Ben told the group. Melanie, Belle, and Fairy Godmother all gasped in shock.

"Uma?" Beast exclaimed.

"We don't know that dad," Ben told his dad.

"When the people hear this, they will never want to leave their houses," Belle said, "What do we tell them?" Belle asked the group before turning to Evelyn and Mal, "Mal? Evelyn? What do we do? How do we keep evil out of Auradon?"

Mal and Evelyn looked at each for a moment as everyone turned to look at them.

"We think that there's only...one way to guarantee their safety and we think that there..." Evelyn hesitantly answered.

"...Can't be anymore going in and out. I think we have to close the barrier...forever," Mal finished for Evelyn. Ben and Melanie shook their heads in disbelief as the adults nodded in agreement.

"No," Ben and Melanie said as they started to walk away.

"Son," Beast called after Ben.

"No," Ben muttered as he and Melanie walked away.

"Ben," Mal said, softly, as she followed her fiance.

"Mel," Evelyn said, softly as she followed her girlfriend.

"No, no, no, no," Ben and Melanie muttered as they still continued to walk.

"Mel, hey," Evelyn said as she stopped Melanie and grabbed Melanie's hands, "I do not want to take away your dream, because it was so beautiful and it is one of the billion reasons as to why I fell in love with you but as royal adviser and co-adviser, what is our duty?"

"To protect Auradon," Melanie muttered as she looked at Evelyn. "But do you know what this means? All those kids? Are you and Mal prepared for that?"

"I know what this means..." Evelyn nodded her head, sadly, "...and no, Mal and I are not prepared for it. I just think that we have no other choice."

"Son? Melanie?" Beast said, softly as he stepped forward as Evelyn, Melanie, Mal and Ben looked at him, "Mal and Evelyn are right."

"I just don't think that we would forgive ourselves if something terrible happened," Mal said. Evelyn pecked Melanie's lips with a sad smile as Melanie weakly smiled back.