𝟎𝟑𝟑. the engagement

───── ❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 ❞ ─────

───── 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 ─────

{THIRD PERSON POV}

The next week, today was the day the new Vks were coming to Auradon, Evelyn was standing on a balcony that gave her an overview of the ocean. She looked through the binoculars, making sure there was no sign of Uma. Evelyn sighed as she bit her lips, she really hopes that Uma won't be coming to attack since today was the day the new Vks will be arriving. Since today is special, Evelyn wore a white shirt, a blue and black leather jacket, black pants, blue heels, a choker with a red ruby heart, blue gloves, gold rings, and a small heart amulet on her front pocket.

Suddenly, Melanie walked up behind Evelyn and hugged her, causing Evelyn to squeal before turning to look at Melanie. Melanie wore simple blue dress with a yellow belt, red heels, a gold heart necklace, a red bracelet and gold rings. Her brown hair was short and she wore a small red bow on top.

"Not a tentacle in sight," Evelyn told Melanie.

"I think if Uma was up to something, we'd know by now," Melanie told Evelyn.

"No, Mel," Evelyn disagreed, "Mal and I know how villains think and Mal doesn't trust Uma as far as she can throw her. She's gonna wait until our defenses are down and then that's when she's gonna strike," She looked through the binoculars, "I really wish I had time to get Mal to do a dragon fly over because then she can go so much higher," Evelyn pouts.

"Well..." Melanie said as she took the binoculars away from Evelyn, "You can't be everywhere at once. Besides, Ben and I got your back," Melanie gestured to the group of guards watching the ocean from above them, "Now, come on, we need to support our friends."

"Wait," Evelyn said as she stopped Melanie, "But you and Ben are getting more guards?"

"Ben and I are getting more guards, now breathe," Melanie assured Evelyn as she grabbed Evelyn's hands. Evelyn let out a breath of relief before she and Melanie shared a light peck, "Now come on."

The crowd cheered when they saw the two royal couples, Doug gestured to the band to start playing as Evelyn and Melanie walked onto the platform where they waved to the crowd before walking off of the platform. Ben led Mal to the platform as Mal tried to walk off but Fairy Godmother stopped her.

"Oh, stay," Fairy Godmother told Mal.

"Stay here?" Mal asked as she pointed down at the stage she was standing on.

"Yes," Fairy Godmother told Mal before Mal backed up over to Ben as Ben wrapped an arm around Mal's waist and waved to the crowd, "Bippity-boppity, one, two, one, two," Fairy Godmother said into the gold microphone she was holding, testing to make sure it worked, "Can everyone hear me?"

"Yes!" Jane called out with a grin as the crowd cheered.

"Ben," Fairy Godmother smiled as she handed Ben the microphone.