𝟎𝟒𝟓. break this down

───── ❝ 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧 ❞ ─────

───── 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧 ─────

{THIRD PERSON POV}

The next day was Mal and Ben's engagement party, music started playing as Mal and Ben walked out, holding hands with Evelyn and Melanie behind them, also holding hands.

"There they are," Evie exclaimed as everyone bowed and curtsied to the couples.

Everyone cheered as they walked up the stairs towards the balcony that overlooked the party. Mal and Ben stood at the edge of the balcony before looking down at everyone. Evelyn and Melanie stood next to Fairy Godmother.

"Lady Mal and I want to thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today," Ben announced to the crowd before turning to Mal, "I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen. So..." Ben picked up his glass and turned back to the crowd, "Raise your glasses to our future Queen of Auradon."

"To our Queen of Auradon," The crowd echoed back before cheering.

"Speech, your Special-ness," Carlos jokingly called up to Mal.

"Speech, your Fancy One," Jay added as everyone laughed.

Everyone looked up at Mal, waiting, as she hesitated while she looked across at the Isle of the Lost. Mal glanced at Evelyn, who gave her a nod. Everyone exchanged confused looks.

"I can't," Mal blurted as everyone gasped, "I can't be Queen of Auradon."

"Mal," Ben whispered, confused, as he stepped closer to Mal. Mal turned to him.

"I can't turn my back on the Isle," Mal told Ben before turning back to the crowd, "We made a decision... to close the barrier forever and it was my idea but it's wrong," Mal looked down at Evie as she were looked up at her proudly, with tears in her eyes, grinning, "I've learned... that you can't live in fear... because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is gonna come from and you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Scarlett, Uma and their pirates, Auradon would be gone. And without Hades... my father..." Mal paused as everyone, besides her friends, gasped in shock, "...Audrey would be gone. We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from," Mal told the crowd before turning to Ben, who was looking at her with a proud smile, "And that's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I have to be Queen of the Isle, too and it's time that we take the barrier down, forever." Melanie and Evelyn share smiles.

"We can't do that," Beast whispered to the two.

"It's up to us dad," Ben told his dad before he turned to the crowd, "I choose to be a King who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness, It's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down!"

"Yes! Whoo!" Carlos cheered causing everyone to laugh.

"Bring it down, Mal," Ben told Mal as Mal cupped Ben's face.