Prologue

ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

︵    ︵

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐌 yellow light in the bathroom kept flickering, making a crackling sound erratically. A puddle of water was forming on the cracked gray tiles from the cool water in the bathtub. The deafening sound of the frenetic heavy rainstorm of the night was relatively impulsive.

A girl lies in the bathtub, her dull blue eyes lackluster and unblinking. Her pale face had a bruise over the left eye and a small cut on the dry lips. Faint marks of evidence that someone must have strangled her were visible on her bare neck. Her bloodshot eyes started getting moist, and water formed in the corner of her eyes. A hot teardrop slides down her pale cheeks to her neck and then dissolved in the water. The girl stirs in the bathtub, squeezing her eyes shut.

She then gets out of the bathtub and with trembling hands, grabs the white towel neatly folded and wraps it around her body covered in bruises. She opened the bathroom door, holding the towel with her left hand. With calculated steps, she walks forward. Her dull eyes condensed with menace.

It was a small apartment with two rooms, a single bathroom, and a kitchen. The color of the walls was faded, and another bucket sits in the corner of the living room, ensuring the drops from the storming rain do not dampen the floor. The living room had no esprit, it was rather vacant. A few used alcohol bottles lay on the floor beside the couch.

The girl walks past her parent's room, and the faint voices of their drunken laughs pierce through the thin wall. Rage quickened her blood and her calculated steps surged.

Walking into her room, exiting her room holding a gun. Her intentions remain intransigent as she clutches the knife.

"It has to be done." She whispered, glancing at her parent's room. Her eyes damped and she blinked the tears away, stepping closer to her parent's room with perseverance. "I have to kill them."

It's the only way to be unbound.

D I S C L A I M E R
English isn't my first language so there will be grammar mistakes and errors but I'll try my best to edit and improve such mistakes.

I'm still trying to improve since this is my first book. So, if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it if you DM me and help me to improve.

Thank you so much for all the support.

Enjoy!

Vote and comment if you're enjoying the story so far.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about the story.

ℳ𝒶𝓁 ⟿