Chapter 03: A puppet

ᴘᴜᴘᴘᴇᴛ

ʜᴇʟᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ
୧‿︵‿︵  ✾  ︵‿︵‿୨

"𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐌𝐄 your hand," Axel says, his eyes heavy with contempt. Drawing in a breath, I placed my hand in his palm, remembering how stubborn he is. He carefully put bandage tape on my palm where I dug my nails and drew blood. I was reminded of my childhood again. Axel was always the most tender-hearted, caring one of all of my brothers. He would give me long hugs, scold me like a mother when I rebel, comfort me if I was hurt, and be there for me no matter what. Then he threw me away, abandoned me, and left me to be broken beyond repair.

"Who's Nathan?"I slapped his hand away from me on impulse, startled by his sudden question. My eyes hardened and narrowed. He must have heard back then Florian taunted me.

"Start the car." Grunting, I gazed outside the window. "He must be someone you really cared about." He ignored my response and says. The burn in my heart intensified at his words. Nothing about his words made sense to me, because the impact of his words made my dead heart feel something. I opened my mouth to decline, to say he wasn't someone I cared about, but my tongue didn't move, my mind was blind except for repeating the same thought in my head. I care. I care. I care. I still do care about Nathan.

Axel started the car after a prolonged silence when he released I wasn't going to talk. I looked at the streets as Axel drove to the airport. My mind was clouded with past memories. Placing my earbuds, I played 'Good Years' by Zayn Malik.

I'd rather be anywhere, Anywhere but here.

I close my eyes and see a crowd of a thousand tears

I pray to God I didn't waste all my good years

All my good years, All my good years.

The voices screaming loud as hell

We don't care about no one else

Nothing in this world could bring us down

Now we're so high among the stars without a worry

And neither one, one of us wants to say we're sorry

Memories, good memories hurt the most when you know it will never happen again. Remembering those days when my best friend was with me. Nathan, he was like a brother to me. Someone who comforted me in my darkest days when I was all alone, but it will never be the same.

Too much drugs and alcohol

What the hell were we fighting for?

Cause now the whole damn world will know

That we're too numb and just too dumb to change the story

Neither one, one of us wants to say we're sorry

He was there for me through thick and thin after Hailie left. Nathan made me feel whole and I tasted happiness again in his presence. He was a light to my darkness, but it soon faded away. He became distorted; a sadist.

Need a chance just to breathe, feel alive

And when the day meets the light, show me the light

Feel the wind and the fire hold the pain deep inside

It's in my eyes, in my eyes.

He abandoned me like he was never there. I trusted him and he broke everything, then left. The only light I had in my life vanished and I became one with darkness again, growing into a heartless monster. I let him into my life and he shattered everything. He tore me down, shattered me into pieces, and devastatingly ravaged me.