Chapter 11: Nathan Santiago

ɴᴀᴛʜᴀɴ sᴀɴᴛɪᴀɢᴏ

ʜᴇʟᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ
୧‿︵‿︵  ✾  ︵‿︵‿୨

𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 what some of them were saying.

"I can't believe this, did she just sit next to him? "

"What a bitch, already making moves."

"Probably a sl-"Sighing, I cut everyone off. Why can't people just mind their own business?

"Want to finish that sentence of yours out loud? " I asked loudly, staring at a girl who looked like a plastic Barbie.

"Why do you look like Hailie? Did you get surgery or something? Anyways, who the hell are you to talk to me lik-" Her overly high-pitched voice was hard to listen to. It was irritating. She's dumb too. Leaning against the chair, I sigh–cutting her off.

"I'm Helen Kotov." A grin made its way to my face when I saw her pale, slightly.

"You're the Helen Kotov?" She asks, gulping. Probably regretting her words. Oh right, by now I must be the most trending topic at school.

"The one and only." I gave her a half grin, completely ignoring everyone. However, the stares annoyed the shit out of me. Finally, I asked the flabbergasted teacher to continue with his lesson. He resumed from where he stopped, continuing the lesson.

"Hi, my name's Kol." The blonde guy next to me whispers, a cheesy grin on his face as his lips formed into a bright smile.

"Okay. That's none of my business."I gave him a blank stare.

"Ouch, you hurt me right here, cupcake." He faked a painful expression, pointing at his heart, on the wrong side.

"That's the wrong side," I told him, focusing my attention on the lesson.

"Oh, that doesn't matter, but you really hurt my heart, cupcake." A death glare made its way to my face, hoping he'd stop talking. I rolled my eyes at his behavior. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Kalen scowling at me. I shrugged, turning my head to the board.

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

POKE.

"What?" I whisper yelled, glaring at Kol. He smiled. Gosh, how the hell am I going to spend one year sitting next to him?

"Damn, don't be like that Cupcake, but why do you look like you want to slap me? You also look kind of offended, to be honest." He rambled. Why can't this guy stop talking?

"The only thing that's offending me is your face. I would slap you but I don't want to make your face look any better. " His face fell at my words.

"Is that so?" He sounded like he  was hurt. I mumbled an uncertain 'yeah' under my breath. Then suddenly, He smiles so brightly I thought my eyes were going to be blind.

"Oh my, I already love you. " He grinned.

"Are you crazy?" I asked him. This guy was unbelievable.

"Yeah, you can say. Do you love me? " He asked. It sounded so creepy and cringe. What have I done to deserve this? I thought to myself.

"No, why would I? " I looked at him, disgusted.

"Aww, don't be like that, " He cooed.

"Just shut up!"

Indeed, he did shut up—for a while.

"You know, I always wonder if I could drink pancakes. I always eat pancakes, but I never got the chance to drink. Can't you like make pancakes, mix them and make them into something like a milkshake, or pancakes shake and drink it? " He mumbled looking at me for an answer. I sigh. This guy was totally crazy.