Chapter 13: Damaged

A/N: I apologize for not updating on Monday. I fell from the school stairs and broke my ankle. It hurt so much that I was sobbing and shit. The principal saw me while my dad and teachers were helping me and he touched my feet, asking me where it hurt. (Imagine the principal touching your bare feet). I was put in a freaking wheelchair and the students were staring at me. I never felt so embarrassed in my whole life. Anyway, the doc told me to rest for 3 complete days, so here you go. Enjoy this chapter, and don't forget to vote and comment, my lovelies!

ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇᴅ

ʜᴇʟᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ
୧‿︵‿︵ ✾ ︵‿︵‿୨

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 out of the dining room, my heart's wound excruciatingly becoming worse. I threatened Nathan, clutching Axel's bike key in my hand before exiting the mansion.

I was afraid I might hurt everyone in there.

I started the bike and drove to nowhere. Why can't I be anywhere but nowhere? It terrifies me. It fucking terrified me since I don't know what fate will throw at me once again. I wanted to be free.

I chuckle escapes my lips and I laughed at myself, remembering the day when I actually thought I'd feel less empty if I moved in with my brothers. However, the hole in my heart seems to open up even more, and another nightmare was waiting for me, even if I'm asleep or awake.

I want a break from this pathetic life. I wish I could be just put to sleep for a decade or hit my head somewhere and lose these memories that I despised.

But I can't, I have to fight. I need to fight my demons, for myself.

Thoughts. Memories. I hit the break when wretched memories of my childhood flashed before my eyes.

"Helen! You fucking bitch, come down." My mother screamed, anger laced in her voice. My hands trembled as I rapidly tried to cross the stairs, making my way to the living room of the small apartment.

My small legs froze in my spot when Shawn smirked at me, looking up and down at me. My breath was stuck in my chest, and I was so terrified. I gazed at Mother, taking an unsteady breath.

Mother looked rather angry. I knew I'll get beaten up today, for no reason again. I took a small step towards her and she raised her hand. My 10-year-old body flinches and she slaps me, causing me to lose my balance for a second. The stinging in my cheeks made me want to touch my face, but I stay motionless, blinking my watering eyes.

"What the fuck did I tell you? Why isn't dinner ready?" Mother hiss through gritted teeth, and I can tell from her uneven breath that she was tipsy, or high on drugs. It didn't matter either way, I was gonna be beaten. So I simply state that I had forgotten to make dinner, although fear was creeping into my heart that beat dangerously.

Mother locks her hand in my hair, gripping it so hard that my scalp hurt. She smiles sweetly, gazing into my petrified blue eyes, and says, "I guess I should beat you but I don't think that will be enough." She turns to Shawn, her husband, and my stepfather who terrified me.

"Shawn, you can do whatever you wish with this piece of shit." She grins, backing away as Shawn strides towards me, his green eyes glinting with dark sinister intention. He grabs my forearms harshly as I tried to back away. I was helpless. My voice was stuck in my throat.

I couldn't breathe. I couldn't scream. I couldn't move my body away from his disgusting hands.

My heart pumped in my chest, and I squeezed my eyes shut, tears sliding from the corner of my eyes as my stepfather touched me, nuzzling his head into my neck.