Chapter 12: Forsaken

ғᴏʀsᴀᴋᴇɴ

ʜᴇʟᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ
୧‿︵‿︵  ✾  ︵‿︵‿୨

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 the nerve to pull away the warm blanket on me as I slept. Then, cold fingers were placed on my ankles making me jerk my head up a bit. I opened my eyes just a little, my vision blurry from sleeping too. Ashton stared blankly at me, standing near my bed. The meowing sound of a cat made me glance around my room until my eyes landed on the fluffy white cat, purring while chewing the mat on the floor. I put my head back on the soft pillow and sigh.

"Go away, Ashton," I mumble, trying to pull off his grip on my ankle.

"Get up, or else I'll drag you out from the bed," Ashton warns, lightly pulling on my ankle. I groan, not uttering a word. Sleep was slowly consuming me until Ashton pulled on my feet again.

"Stop annoying me," I whine, gritting through clenched teeth. I clutch the pillow next to me tightly against my chest. I needed sleep.

Sleep was the best to escape reality.

Ashton sighed, letting go of my ankle. I hoped that he has given up on trying to wake me up. However, he smacked the pillow away from me and poured cold water on my face, making me instantly jerk my head up. I gasp in shock from the cold water touching my skin without a warning.

"Ashton! You big freak." I scream, standing up on my feet within seconds and charging at him. His cat meowed at my scream and started circling around my bed. I took hold of Ashton's button-up shirt, fisting it into my hand. I glared at him, and he stared at me, not even a bit bothered by what he had just done. The blank look on his face annoyed me more than anything and I let my intrusive thought win. I grabbed his glasses off, throwing them away.

"Hey, that's not nice. You know I have trouble seeing things without my glasses." He says, completely still and calm. Ashton never gave a shit about anything unless it came to his cat.

"What you did was ridiculous. How can you throw cold water on me?" I grit my teeth. I was pissed and so annoyed. I suddenly had this though, and my lips curled up just a bit. I dragged him to my window and looked outside at the huge pool right above there.

"Helen, don't you dare." He warns, grabbing my arm on his shirt.

"Oh please, I will," I smirked, stepping on his foot hard enough for him to stumble backward. He held onto the window, hissing. I chuckle, placing my hand on his chest and pushing him out of my room through the window. The sound of water splashing made a chuckle escape my lips, and I put my hand against the window, looking at the pool.

Ashton dips his head out of the water, shaking his head to get the water off his hair. He ran his fingers through his dampened black hair, a scowl on his lips. He tilted his head up, looking straight at me with a slightly pissed-off glare. I chuckle.

"Freshen up and go downstairs, it's dinner time." He says loudly enough for me to hear before dipping his head and swimming near the end to get out of the pool.

I locked my windows, I went to the bathroom to take a shower. After freshening up, I wore a gray hoodie with loose pants. Hoodies are so comfortable and warm that I have more hoodies than dresses. I preferred that, actually. I never wanted to show my skin anyway. I tied my hair into a messy bun. I picked Ashton's cat into my arms, patting its head as I closed my room and made my way to the dining room. I heard laughers and everyone chatting soundly with each other. I wondered if they will ever be this comfortable with me.