Chapter 15: Fuck, fucking, and fucked

ғᴜᴄᴋ, ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ, ᴀɴᴅ ғᴜᴄᴋᴇᴅ

ʜᴇʟᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ
୧‿︵‿︵  ✾  ︵‿︵‿୨

𝐌𝐘 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 flutter open and I immediately close my eyes when the bright sun rays hit my eyes. I groan, trying to move to the other side of my bed. Something was preventing me from it. I blink, twice. A wave of shock runs through my body when I see Ryan sleeping on my bed, hugging—more like crushing my favorite black pillow in his arms. His hair was disheveled and he looks exhausted. Events from last night came back to my mind and embarrassment washed over me. I broke down into tears in front of Ryan and he comforted me.

Why the fuck did I cry in his arms like a fucking crybaby? I groan. I poke Ryan's arm, hoping he would wake up, but the dude looks like he was dead. I would love to murder him before he tells others that I was a crybaby.

Yeah, I'll keep bitching about it. I can't believe I fucking cried. Like, where are my fucking morals? Okay, I think I should try to stop cursing. I sigh, kicking Ryan out of my bed. He grunts, confusedly looking around the room until his eyes land on me–sitting on my bed with my legs crossed and throwing daggers at him. He looks like he just fought in WW2. I internally laugh at the thought.

"Helen, what the hell?" He stands up from the marble floor, rubbing his ass.

I hop out of my bed, and I lost my balance. It was then I notice that I was shaking from the fever I caught last night. Good news, definitely no school for me until I get better. Bad news, fever and I never get along. I literally feel like I'm dying from being too hot or too cold.

"Whoa, sis. Be careful." Ryan quickly rushes to my side, pulling on my hand and making me sit on the bed again. He sits down on the floor, placing his hand on my forehead to check my temperature. "Ah, the fever isn't going down." He murmurs, shaking his head. The whole time, I couldn't look into his eyes. I was ashamed that I had thrown such a fit like that last night.

"Hey, what's wrong?"His voice was soft, laced with concern. I didn't say—I couldn't utter a word and just stared at my hands. He finally connects it.

"It's okay, Helen." He mutters quietly.

"Look-" We say at the same time. He smiles a bit, although it was a bit sad. He inhales, taking my hand into his big ones gently.

"Helen, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the way I've been acting these past few days. It's just—when I saw you after fourteen years. I-Iwas frightened. I was afraid that you might leave, again." He whispers, drawing circles on my open palm. He tilts his face, looking at me through his teary eyes. He gulps as if it was hard for him to confess all of this to my face.

"I failed you. I was unable to protect you. I'm sorry for saying those hurtful words and uh" His voice cracks, and he averts his gaze from my eyes to the cold floor. He continues, "I'm sorry and you kn-"

"Stop rambling already. It's okay, I already forgave you." I grin, tightening my grip on his hands. I felt warmth. It was like a cloak of safety and protectiveness was surrounding me. It somewhat felt familiar. I think it felt like home?

"Really? You shouldn't." He chuckles, sadness lingering in his eyes.

"Shut up with the sentiments. I did forgive you." I slap his shoulder. "But I swear to God, pull some shitty bitchy behavior shit on me like that again and I'll knock your front two teeth and hide it in Ren's book library." I threaten him, teasing him to light up the mood.