〈𝖎-𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖉 ; 09〉

━━━━━━━ ✿ okey dokey yo

━━━━━━━ okey dokey yo

at last, the d-day of the representative test had arrived.

shinju patted sunghoon's knee, wishing him good luck for his performance. because of certain circumstances, both of them would not be able to compete in one unit as sunghoon shifted to become a dance representative.

it was a bittersweet decision.

their not-so-little conflict with each other had finally been cleared, so they had intended to make up for every single thing that they had done to each other. sadly enough, just as they were ready to open the door together, a new blockage locked it.

it wasn't that deep though, they could just spend time together in their free time or something.

"i'm nervous," whispered jay to shinju's left.

oh right, since it was jay that they had to switch out, they all figured that the boy was the perfect replacement for sunghoon in the rap unit, just as how he was perfect for the dance unit.

they were truly living up to their yin and yang label.

"i am too, but let's just enjoy this thing, acting like it's the end of the world is the best thing to do when rapping. well, in my experience that is," advised shinju.

jay laughed through his nose, "you sound like a pro rapper."

"nah i'm not. but my brother was obsessed with rap for some time before. he dragged me to any underground rap battles he could find."

"sound fun."

shinju recoils, "you don't wanna know," she says, not bothering to elaborate any further as the alarms had blared.

as red flashed all around the stage, she noticed an unmoving figure slumping on the other side from theirs.

"is ni-ki seriously sleeping right now?"

━━ .•° °•. ━━

the rap units were the last ones to perform out of all the representatives, and since the grounders went first on the previous round, it was now the i-landers turn to do the same.