〈𝖎-𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖉 ; 20〉

GUYS IM BACK!! SCHOOL WORK'S DONE SO I THINK I WOULD BE ABLE TO UPDATE MORE OFTEN NOWW YAYY

lil warning though, this chapter will be extra EXTRA long bc i will be fitting as much as i can here. i'm tired of rewatching i-land over and over just to make things accurate😭😭

i love daniel too much to not do it though and my memory isn't very trustworthy ><

━━━━━━━ words of the heart

shinju silently lounged inside the pantry, looking for late-night snacks like a stealthy little rodent. she found herself unable to sleep (again) but the reason was different this time.

at certain moments, her mouth does this weird thing where it yearns for some chewing and munching. usually, a gum would suffice but she forgot to bring any and the staff doesn't buy those sorts of things for them so she's forced to settle on whatever they stocked up- which is either fried seaweed or uncooked instant snacks/meals.

she chose the former of course, not just because she was feeling lazy but also because it was already past 1 in the morning, meaning the live cameras were off and so was everyone else. she knows for a fact that even if she knows how to control her volume, the metal pots and utensils don't. those things go off like bombs at the scrape of a nail.

taking an apple juice box to pair with her seaweed snack, shinju was then on her merry way to the couch where she was set to eat. it's probably not allowed but then again, no one else was awake to scold her off.

only a countable amount of bulbs were left on when it was lights out so the place certainly reeks of that scary vibes similar to that of a horror movie.

if it were anyone like jake or jay, they would've been running back to their room in hysteria, waking the whole forest in the process- hell they probably won't be out in the first place- but fortunately, it was only shinju: the girl who's afraid of nothing but a bug hundred times smaller than her size.

so when another figure rounded up around the hallway and saw her shady, frighteningly still figure on the couch, you could probably tell who reacted more.

"my fucking GOD shinju!"

shinju merely shoves another fried seaweed down her throat, "wow, fancy seeing you here. it seems that you've seen a ghost, were they that pretty for you to holler in excitement?"

heeseung glares up at the nonchalant girl with wide eyes from the floor, his butt aching because he didn't land right with it and he makes a mental note to kill her if it leaves a bruise tomorrow.

"damn, is the floor that comfortable?" the girl teases, fighting back the urge to giggle.

"oh this is sooo funny to you huh? see if the hospital bills you have to pay for my HEART ATTACK would be funny too," the boy gives her a pointed look before jumping up, brushing imaginative dust off his shirt for theatrics.