〈 𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖞 𝖇𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖉𝖆𝖞 〉

I TOTALLY did not forget about my own oc's bday. def not.

━━━━━━━ ✿ birthday girl

━━━━━━━ birthday girl

may third, third of may, third day of the month of may, the day of shinju's birthday, hooray!

the yearly reminder for when shinju was pushed out of her mother's hooha has arrived and she could not have been more than ready to spend it in the coziness of her not-so-tidy-yet-not-so-dirty-either room. sounds boring but it was the perfect celebration for her, given that she's the type to not want anything too grand for her birthday yet still gives it the appreciation and attention it needed: like replying to birthday greetings or buying and blowing a cake.

but since her manager called last night telling her to be ready at 10 in the morning for a photoshoot she didn't even know existed, her plans were ultimately ruined, even if she had none — having no plans is still a plan you know.

it was apparently a last-minute schedule because the photographer apparently wouldn't be available next week since he apparently had an emergency schedule that was apparently more important than her life — romi's words, she's kidding of course — and considering that may 3 was the only free time the two parties have in common, they settled on doing it on that day.

talk about timing.

still though, despite being bitter about not being able to have her day for herself, shinju got over it relatively quickly after a good night's sleep. besides, with her line of work, it was easy to get used to not having much free and self-time. it's sad yet efficient all the same.

so now here she was, patiently sitting in front of a mirror and waiting for her makeup artist to finish doing the magic on her face.

"it's your birthday today right?" yumi, the makeup artist, asks, glancing at shinju, who's got her eyes closed, for a millisecond.

shinju replied with a confirmative hum, not wanting to open neither her mouth nor eyes considering that yumi was doing her eyes at the moment. it might mess something up and she couldn't really afford to get a scolding even on her birthday. she gets an earful from her managers and staff almost every day that a day without it would be bliss at this point.

yumi copied her hum, "did the boys greet you yet? open your eyes for me please."

"no, I think they forgot actually," shinju nonchalantly says, not minding the thought of people forgetting her birthday. like she does that too sometimes, it'd be hypocritical of her to cast a frown upon the boys.