You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side

10 weeks pregnant

AMELIA KNEELED BEHIND GISELE, gathering her hair out of her face as she emptied her stomach into the porcelain toilet.

         "You sure you don't want to go back to bed?" Amelia asked, her baby sister's excessive vomiting worrying her. Gisele shook her head, " You have the day off, just take it easy. You don't have to run a marathon."

Gisele wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and leaned back into her sister, "I'm tired of staying in bed."

Amelia stroked Gigi's hair back, out of her face, "So, your solution is running?"

Gisele nodded, "Yup."

Amelia kissed the top of her sister's head before helping her up, "How long are you gonna be out?" her sister shrugged, not giving much of an answer, "I don't think I'll be here when you get home."

        "I'll be fine." She assured, walking over to the sink and turned the faucet on. She cupped her hands to catch the water, she brought her hands to her mouth.

Amy stood against the wall watching her sister, "Where is Emmy?" the neurosurgeon had just noticed she hadn't seen Emmy at all in the last few days.

Gigi swished the water around her mouth a couple of times before spitting into the sink, "She had to go back to Miami but she'll be back by noon for my thing at night."

           "Okay, well, I'm heading out now. Call me if you need me."

           "I will."

           "Promise?"

Gigi nodded, "Promise."

Gisele changed into work out clothes before taking her anti nausea medication before heading out. Once she got to the trail, she parked got out and stretched. She began running but that only lasted a couple of minutes before she started feeling dizzy, so she decided walking was best. She was grateful she had decided to throw on a jacket last minute because it was beginning to get chilly but she wasn't completely sure if that was due to it being a cloudy day or a symptom of whatever the universe decided to throw at her, along with the bleeding and nausea.

As she continued on the trail, she came across a familiar blonde sitting on the ground, stretching. It was definitely Maya. She stopped a few feet away, observing her, she seemed to be lost in her own world. Gisele walked over to her, purposefully blocking what little sun decided to peek through the clouds at that very moment.

An annoyed look settled on the blonde's face, "Can I help-" she trailed off when she saw it was Gisele, "Oh. Hey, Gisele."

Gisele smirked, "Doesn't feel good when someone blocks your sun, does it?"

Maya smiled, loving each interaction she had with the brunette, "No, not really."

Maya was only wearing a pair of athletic shorts and a sports bra. Gisele shivered, wrapped the jacket closer to her body as the wind picked up. Yes, she may be from New York and the winters were brutal, which she should have been used to by now but she hadn't experience a New York winter in a few years due to traveling and modeling jobs, so a Seattle morning in autumn shouldn't be anything to her.

         "Aren't you cold?"

Maya shook her head, "I've been running for a while now, four miles actually. Just taking a little breather."

        "You're gonna keep running?"

Maya got up and started stretching her arms, "Oh, yeah. Four miles is nothing."