The Face of Change

The group of interns were in the locker room getting ready for the day while teasing Jo about Alex.

"I don't like him like that." Jo defensively said.

"Guys don't just hang out with girls. It's not in their DNA." Brooks said while toying her shoes.

"That's not true." Ross says before taking it back, "Okay, it's true."

Gisele closed her locker and turned to Jo, "You two would be cute together."

After rounding on Cristina's patients, Gisele found her at a nurses station talking to Meredith.

"Here's the apple you wanted and your patients are all stable," Gisele handed the apple to her.

Meredith frustratedly tapped on the tablet, "Every time I touch this thing, it deletes another patient." She completed as Alex, Jackson, Jo and Stephanie approached them.

"It deletes a patient?" Cristina asked.

"I did the exact same thing this morning," Jo reached for the tablet, "Here. Let me see ... something."

Meredith looked behind the group and saw people trailing behind them, "Who are your stalkers?"

"Oh, uh, the new guys are looking for a hospital show pony ... A face for the brochure." Alex explained.

Jackson chuckled, "Yeah, Karev's my competition."

"Mm. If you can call it that." Stephanie added.

"You can't."

Alec scoffed, "Bite me, pretty boy."

"And why are there no women in the running?" Meredith questioned.

"Oh, there was. I turned them down," Cristina motioned to her face, "This face only goes on the nobel brochure."

"They asked me." Gisele said.

Everyone turned their head toward her, "What?" They simultaneously asked.

She nodded, "Yeah but I'm not as in love with my looks as my brother."

Cahill's loud voice and the large group of people in suits caught everyone's attention, "And here we have a fully centralized electronic records system. Everything you need to know about any client at anytime. Smart, streamlined, efficient..."

Before she could say anything else Meredith interrupted, "Oh, efficient. It would be more efficient if it didn't keep deleting my patients."

Gisele had been paged to the skills lab and was sitting, patiently waiting for Jackson to check her work.

Finally noticing her, he went over to her, "Do you need help."

She shook her head, "No, I'm done."

He blinked and everyone looked back at her, "You're done?" She nodded and he continued to check her work. He was impressed and shook all at once, he hadn't expected any first year's to execute the stitch as well as she did, "Nice. How did you learn how to do this so well?"

   "Mark. He thought I had potential in plastics, he had me practice sutures religiously at 15."

Jackson smiled, "Well, he was right." He said before walking back to the front.

   "Looks like you beat the rest of us, again. You think you're better than the rest of us, don't you?" Leah asked.