A Good Friend of Mine

Appreciating the beauty of the sunset reflecting off of the ocean, she turned to her best friend of 26 years and smiled,  a genuinely one that hadn't appeared in a while

Appreciating the beauty of the sunset reflecting off of the ocean, she turned to her best friend of 26 years and smiled, a genuinely one that hadn't appeared in a while.

"Thank you."

Looking away from the scenic view of the ocean, she turned to Gisele, "For?"

"Bringing me here, I really needed it."

She smiled, "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you," Emilia stood from her spot, "Now get up, we have to hurry or we're going to be late."

Gisele cocked her head to the side, "Late for what?"

A smirk settled on Emilia's lips, "You'll find out when we get there," bending down, she grabbed Gisele's hands, pulling her up to her feet, "Let's go."

Jo sat in an unpleasant silence, in the back of Meredith's car, Alex had suggested she tag along for car pool, she listened to Amelia ramble on about Owen.

Sighing out of boredom, she looked out the window, seeing what she thought were snowflakes falling to the ground, "Is that snow?" She asked but went ignored, she let out another sigh, wishing Gisele were there with her, at least then not everyone would treat like she's invisible.

She watched Alex lean over to Meredith and whispered into her ear, "Are we still good?"

  "Yeah, we're good. I told you."

"I'm just making sure."

"We're good."

"Good with what?" Jo curiously asked.

"Nothing." Alex said.

"Don't worry about it." Meredith added.

Jo huffed a breath out, looking out the window again, "Guys, it's like 60 degrees out.
That can't be snow." Once again falling on deaf ears.

"I keep thinking one of them's gonna pull out a switchblade." Amelia said.

"Oh, it's about a chick. When two guys hate each other, it's usually about a chick." Alex added.

After a moment of silence, Meredith spoke, "Is that snow?"

"Where?"

"Yeah, you're right. That looks like snow out there."

Jo gaped in shock, having said the same thing, twice. But when Meredith says the exact same thing everyone hears.