How to Save a Life

With all the grunting and moaning going on, Gisele couldn't go back to sleep no matter how hard she tried. She frustratedly threw off the covers, got up making her way to Amelia's room only to find that she wasn't there. She let out a sigh and went to check if Zola was awake. Since she was, Gisele asked her if she wanted to help make breakfast which she did.

They walked to the kitchen, washed their hands and gathered most of the ingredients, "Pick the fruit you want Zozo," Gisele told Zola when a very loud grunt came from Derek's room, "Gross." Gisele gagged before picking a song to play from her phone and blasting the music.

A while later, after making the dough and the cream cheese filling, Gisele and Zola were placing strawberries and raspberries on top then once done they paced them in the oven when Derek walked in holding Bailey, "What's going on in here."

    "We are baking some fruit and cream cheese breakfast pastries," Gisele answered, "You made this house right?"

Derek nodded, "Yes, why?"

    "Should've made thicker walls, this isn't what I expected when I semi moved back in."

Derek threw his head back and chuckled, "Amy said the same thing."

     "Oh," Gisele said having remembered something, "I'm riding with you to the airport."

Derek furrowed his brows wondering why she would be going to the airport, "Why?" 

    "Remember, I'm going to Samoa for some Avery foundation business."

Derek nodded, "Oh yeah, I remember."

     "I'm taking all business trips for Jackson so he can stay with April and not worry about her."

   "That's nice of you, wait why are you flying all the way to Samoa?" He asked.

     "Catherine wants to open a hospital in my psycho killer of a mothers name," Gisele stated catching Derek off guard.

    "What?" He worriedly asked.

Realizing what she said, she shook her head, "Nothing, but that's why I'm riding with you."

    "What about the psycho killer?" Derek asked again.

Lucky the timer went off, saving Gisele from having to explain to her brother for now. She placed the pastries on a cooling rack, "Let them cool before getting one." She informed him, "I'm gonna go change."

After getting ready Gisele entered the kitchen to see her bigger frantically searching for his phone.

    "You had it in your hand when you came in earlier." Gisele stated.

    "I thought you said you couldn't cook." Meredith stared impressed with the pastries.

   "I can't, baking and cooking are totally different things." Gisele stated.

Gisele made her matcha tea before grabbing a plate and a pastry then taking a seat at the kitchen island. She had taken a few bites when the front door open and in walked her sister in the sage clothes as last nights.

    "Oh! Hey! You're here." It was clear Amelia hasn't expected the three of them to be home.

     "Yeah, we live here." Derek said.

    "But you two had a flights," She pointed between her siblings, then turned to Meredith, "And you, yesterday you were going on and on about some early surgery that you had. The point is, you're not supposed to be home."

Meredith smiled at how flustered she was, "So My surgery got pushed, and Uh, weren't you wearing that yesterday?"

Amelia looked down at her clothes but before she could respond the door opened and in walked Owen holding her sister's phone, "Amelia, you forgot your ce-" He trailed off once he noticed the three other people in the room, "Hmm. Hey, uh I was just, um Her her cellphone was–"